• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Is Elio Still Saying Mid 2016 To Start Production?

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think there's some wiggle room in the definition of "production". Per the schedule, they'll start producing vehicles on the line in Shreveport at 12 months, which could be considered as the "start of production". It seems like first deliveries will be early 2017, though.
It's EM's anticipated schedule to production, not speculation..........well maybe EM is speculating.
Production is production...........plant tooled, workers hired, workers trained, and the first Elio reservation is rolling off the line to be delivered or picked up at the plant by the lucky owner.

EM's states the 15 month Production schedule starts after the successful completion of this current round of funding. There is no wiggle room. I hope EM shocks us by beating their time schedule this time and it's the Grand Finale to production. That would be a pleasant change of pace.

Last edited:

Bilbo B

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's EM's anticipated schedule to production, not speculation..........well maybe EM is speculating.
Production is production...........plant tooled, workers hired, workers trained, and the first Elio reservation is rolling off the line to be delivered or picked up at the plant by the lucky owner.

EM's states the 15 month Production schedule starts after the successful completion of this current round of funding. There is no wiggle room. I hope EM shocks us by beating their time schedule this time and it's the Grand Finale to production. That would be a pleasant change of pace.

The chart in the offering statement shows the Engineering Prototypes starting in month 0, which could/should be December 2015. Manufacturing Planning and Vendor Tooling starts month 6 (June 2016). Vehicle Production starts month 12 (December 2016) and goes through Month 14 (February 2017). What it doesn't show is Vehicle Delivery. We've already heard there will be 'production' vehicles that will not be sold, so the unanswered question is when the first deliveries start. One assumption is month 15 (March 2017) but that is an assumption. And the whole thing assumes the $200 million in funding is there when needed.

I think the wiggle room could come from the difference between Production Starting (which is the question PE was asked) and DELIVERY Starting, which I don't think has been asked. At least not that I've heard.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
The chart in the offering statement shows the Engineering Prototypes starting in month 0, which could/should be December 2015. Manufacturing Planning and Vendor Tooling starts month 6 (June 2016). Vehicle Production starts month 12 (December 2016) and goes through Month 14 (February 2017). What it doesn't show is Vehicle Delivery. We've already heard there will be 'production' vehicles that will not be sold, so the unanswered question is when the first deliveries start. One assumption is month 15 (March 2017) but that is an assumption. And the whole thing assumes the $200 million in funding is there when needed.

I think the wiggle room could come from the difference between Production Starting (which is the question PE was asked) and DELIVERY Starting, which I don't think has been asked. At least not that I've heard.
And this is why it is one of the main point questions that the people going to the LA Show are going to ask PE while he's there.
We just have to wait until they go, ask the questions, and post the answers; until that time, it's all just speculation.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score

You fail to take into account the statements of people who think that they saw some additional frames in the background of the build pictures. So that could mean it is jump started. And in a couple months you will be claiming promises were made.
As far a wiggle room, why don't you stop trying to put them in a straight jacket of your expectations. That document was written to meet the requirements of a bunch of bureaucrats.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
You fail to take into account the statements of people who think that they saw some additional frames in the background of the build pictures. So that could mean it is jump started. And in a couple months you will be claiming promises were made.
As far a wiggle room, why don't you stop trying to put them in a straight jacket of your expectations. That document was written to meet the requirements of a bunch of bureaucrats.
Very well put WilliamH; I will wait until I hear something from EM about the time line rather than believe the 15 month schedule is the end all be all.

Bilbo B

Elio Addict
Reaction score

I'm not trying to put anyone in a straight jacket. I was simply pointing out what the offering statement chart shows, which is the closest we have to an official schedule, and how what Paul said could be construed with respect to it. They published the schedule. They stated when the clock starts ticking (at the completion of the A+ sale). If they've already started, terrific! I haven't heard Elio say that. All I was trying to so is relate the facts as we have them in an official document..

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm not trying to put anyone in a straight jacket. I was simply pointing out what the offering statement chart shows, which is the closest we have to an official schedule, and how what Paul said could be construed with respect to it. They published the schedule. They stated when the clock starts ticking (at the completion of the A+ sale). If they've already started, terrific! I haven't heard Elio say that. All I was trying to so is relate the facts as we have them in an official document..

They stated things in a document that by its very nature had to be worst case scenario.
Having done multi million dollar projects with skeptics looking for ways to knock me down, I know that's how it"s done.
And summarized Gantt and Pert charts are notoriously inaccurate.
On a lighter note, how do you hang those circular doors at Bag End?

Top Bottom