• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Is It Worth Selling My Beloved Prius???

Roy Caban

Reaction score
Just put a small non-refundable deposit. Can't take it anymore. Someone at work is beginning to persuade me and I think he has succeeded! But I have a 2011 Prius to boot, (Bluetooth, JBL w 8 speakers, iPOD connector and aux jacks, custom after market rims, after market tinted glass) and gets 48 mpg. But 104 miles round trip to/from work also means a lot on something I'm considering that gets almost twice as much mpg and looks very interesting. And as the time nears, I may be putting more money down. And we have an extra vehicle, so it's not like I'm putting all my eggs in one (small) basket. It gets a whopping 17 MPG! Glad to join this forum, I'm sure I'm gonna learn a lot.

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just put a small non-refundable deposit. Can't take it anymore. Someone at work is beginning to persuade me and I think he has succeeded! But I have a 2011 Prius to boot, (Bluetooth, JBL w 8 speakers, iPOD connector and aux jacks, custom after market rims, after market tinted glass) and gets 48 mpg. But 104 miles round trip to/from work also means a lot on something I'm considering that gets almost twice as much mpg and looks very interesting. And as the time nears, I may be putting more money down. And we have an extra vehicle, so it's not like I'm putting all my eggs in one (small) basket. It gets a whopping 17 MPG! Glad to join this forum, I'm sure I'm gonna learn a lot.
Hi Roy! Just talking about you on another thread. (some colors I created)

Last edited:

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Roy, Welcome to the ElioOwners.com forum from Atlanta, GA! :)

Glad you had a chance to hear about this website and the Elio vehicle from one of our members and you were willing to at least put some money down on it at this point. From what you have told us you are likely the perfect candidate for an Elio as with such a long commute you would be saving a good amount of fuel money even against a car as fuel efficient as the Prius. You would also likely be able to settle into an Elio for less than your Prius will be worth at the time meaning you likely will not have any extra out of pocket money going into the deal yet you still end up saving on fuel costs.

We are glad to have you here. You have joined a very diverse group of people from all over the country who really enjoy discussing everything there is to know about this interesting vehicle. I hope you enjoy your time here reading about and/or discussing all there is to know about Elio Motors.

We have a survey we like reservation holders to fill out if they wish as it really helps us visualize the growing numbers and locations of future Elio Owners. For now information visit this link: http://www.elioowners.com/threads/elio-reservation-map-and-survey.1129/

If you ever happen to have any issues while on this forum please be sure to notify a staff member as we are here to help. :cool:

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum where you will find the latest information, rumors, opinions, friendly helpful people, and hours of entertainment. Someone will try to answer ny question you may have and the legion of Elio fans will convince you to join the Elio revolution. Welcome and enjoy the experience.

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
And we have an extra vehicle, so it's not like I'm putting all my eggs in one (small) basket. It gets a whopping 17 MPG! Glad to join this forum, I'm sure I'm gonna learn a lot.
I'd say sell the extra vehicle instead of the Prius unless it's a classic or special abilities that you need.

raybonz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sounds like a nice Prius not sure I'd want to go to an Elio however the Elio's payments will be much lower and gas mileage higher..

Roy Caban

Reaction score
Roy, Welcome to the ElioOwners.com forum from Atlanta, GA! :)

Glad you had a chance to hear about this website and the Elio vehicle from one of our members and you were willing to at least put some money down on it at this point. From what you have told us you are likely the perfect candidate for an Elio as with such a long commute you would be saving a good amount of fuel money even against a car as fuel efficient as the Prius. You would also likely be able to settle into an Elio for less than your Prius will be worth at the time meaning you likely will not have any extra out of pocket money going into the deal yet you still end up saving on fuel costs.

We are glad to have you here. You have joined a very diverse group of people from all over the country who really enjoy discussing everything there is to know about this interesting vehicle. I hope you enjoy your time here reading about and/or discussing all there is to know about Elio Motors.

We have a survey we like reservation holders to fill out if they wish as it really helps us visualize the growing numbers and locations of future Elio Owners. For now information visit this link: http://www.elioowners.com/threads/elio-reservation-map-and-survey.1129/

If you ever happen to have any issues while on this forum please be sure to notify a staff member as we are here to help. :cool:
you know, that's a valid point. I did some research with Kelly Bluebook and Edmunds and found that even with 150k, it still has private resale value of about 9-11k! If i buy this Elio, I will probably get the whole package and hopefully still be ahead or at least in as little debt as possible. Thanks!

Top Bottom