• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Is It Worth Selling My Beloved Prius???

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
you know, that's a valid point. I did some research with Kelly Bluebook and Edmunds and found that even with 150k, it still has private resale value of about 9-11k! If i buy this Elio, I will probably get the whole package and hopefully still be ahead or at least in as little debt as possible. Thanks!

A brand new, extremely fuel efficient, and unique ride for very little money. It's kinda hard to beat that deal. :cool:

ecdriver711

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi Roy, welcome to the forum. Plenty of answers here. I drive my cars till they are plum worn out. I squeeze every cent out. You shouldn't be in a hurry to sell a nice Prius.

Horn

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No hurry. It will be at least a year from now which gives me plenty of.time for.my Prius. :)

Please don't send any more money. Wait until it is a guaranteed thing. Until then, you are counting the eggs before they hatch....I mean before they are even created. The car will take longer than a year to get off the ground.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi Roy, welcome to the forum. Plenty of answers here. I drive my cars till they are plum worn out. I squeeze every cent out. You shouldn't be in a hurry to sell a nice Prius.
Keep your Prius, park it in the garage, and buy the Elio for fun and economy. It will keep your Prius in great shape for years to come

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Please don't send any more money. Wait until it is a guaranteed thing. Until then, you are counting the eggs before they hatch....I mean before they are even created. The car will take longer than a year to get off the ground.
A year to get off the ground? It's going to fly? That is soon cool. Do you have a source for that? Kidding, of course.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just put a small non-refundable deposit. Can't take it anymore. Someone at work is beginning to persuade me and I think he has succeeded! But I have a 2011 Prius to boot, (Bluetooth, JBL w 8 speakers, iPOD connector and aux jacks, custom after market rims, after market tinted glass) and gets 48 mpg. But 104 miles round trip to/from work also means a lot on something I'm considering that gets almost twice as much mpg and looks very interesting. And as the time nears, I may be putting more money down. And we have an extra vehicle, so it's not like I'm putting all my eggs in one (small) basket. It gets a whopping 17 MPG! Glad to join this forum, I'm sure I'm gonna learn a lot.
Hi and welcome from Oregon, Roy. You will definitely learn a lot. The question is, will you have time to read it all? I hope you enjoy the adventure of this journey to Elio ownership. Next year in our Elios! :-) Z

Top Bottom