• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Is The Cam Drive Belt Or Chain?

Sephord

Reaction score
There is a video of iav engine person and i know its a older video but he said that the motor was going to use a chain to turn the cam.

Today there was a blog post that said that it was going to have a belt. i know things could have changed recently.

I dont care much one way or the other as long as i can take it apart swap old for new.

My question is... does anyone know? was the blog post miss typed or informed? did the iav engineer miss speak (probably not)? or did iav and elio change the specs of the motor and make a new block to have a belt?

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
There is a video of iav engine person and i know its a older video but he said that the motor was going to use a chain to turn the cam.

Today there was a blog post that said that it was going to have a belt. i know things could have changed recently.

I dont care much one way or the other as long as i can take it apart swap old for new.

My question is... does anyone know? was the blog post miss typed or informed? did the iav engineer miss speak (probably not)? or did iav and elio change the specs of the motor and make a new block to have a belt?
Can I do a little reminder here? The Elio you're getting is a NEW vehicle; not something you're going to have to work on for some time.

Top Bottom