• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Is The Elio Viable When Gas Is $2.00 A Gallon As An" And "vehicle

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You are right I do have a bad attitude. While I like the car, I feel that the company is run by con men. Some people think he is God like, the truth is he is somewhere in between. While I consider myself right wing I also read leftist news. People should get information on the Elio good and bad, so they can make an informed decision not just reading good news only.
Never said anyone had a bad attitude, sure the Elio might not happen, but I don't buy into the con-man idea, there's too much actually happening to be a good con (he could have skated away with the money years ago) if it's a con at this point, it would be a poorly executed con, too much has gone into R&D and property involved. Plus if I were running a con like this I would have accepted the whole $6800 up front and left town years ago.

And on that note, I am now accepting reservations for my 8400 mpg cold-fusion nuclear/steam powered SUV to be released soon
Please send $500,000 in small non-traceable bills to my PO box in the Cayman islands, as soon as I get 10 orders I promise you will get your car next day.

Sr.MailMan

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
IF I lived in Canada... I would be "pissed-off" too.
The Elio AutoCycle will not be seen/sold there for a long time.
Probably not until World sales commence. (and then, how much "VAT TAX" added?)

My "out the door" price... with tax, shipping,registration and discounts... will still be below the $6800.00. (maybe not with cruise control).

Last edited:

Hotscoots

Elio Addict
Reaction score
For many , the price of gasoline has NOTHING to do with our pending Elio purchase . American made , full featured , unique vehicle for $6800 is a compelling sales point . If gasoline was $.05 per gallon or the Elio only got 30 MPG , I'm still buying at least one .
With regard to your assumption that the folks at Elio are scammers , I have to point out that it would be the least lucrative and most complex scam in world history.

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
God like, Shmod like. He's doing his best at doing something he's never done. He makes mistakes, he will make mistakes. A con man would keep a low profile, make a quick hit and then disappear. Nope he's an entrepreneur in a really rough and risky business, an automotive start up business. I can understand why you think he may be a con man, with this much at stake and taking "so long" to come to fruition. But making a new car from scratch, raising hundreds of millions to do it, engineering it from scratch, developing new ways to sell and distribute it takes a bit of time. Did I mention that this whole thing was started from the ground up? You might want to research to see how long it took Elon Musk to get things going, and he had vast amounts of cash and experience before tackling Tesla automotive. Here at elioowners group we are right wing, left wing and middle of the road. We have done our research, we have been through the ups and downs and yes, we have all probably had our doubts. But that's all part and parcel of being involved with an automotive start up. You keep close tabs of what's happening, you get frustrated by not having all the info you think you need. But you hang in there because you know that, should they succeed the results are going to be worth it. The key words to remember are "Startup" and "Automotive" there is no absolute certainty about the results involved, but that's part of the fun. So either join the fun or shove off, we already know the risks.

By the way, I am highly appreciative of your join date, April 1st.

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have a wonderment. Where in the world is the highest price gas? and Do they all drive extra small high MPG cars there?
Hawaii is a bit high
haw.png

Graemexx

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Ninety percent of the members are well informed, it is the others I care about. Reading about how hard it was for members to raise $1000 was hard to take. If Elio comes to fruition I will take a serious look at importing them, but not one for personal use.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Never said anyone had a bad attitude, sure the Elio might not happen, but I don't buy into the con-man idea, there's too much actually happening to be a good con (he could have skated away with the money years ago) if it's a con at this point, it would be a poorly executed con, too much has gone into R&D and property involved. Plus if I were running a con like this I would have accepted the whole $6800 up front and left town years ago.

And on that note, I am now accepting reservations for my 8400 mpg cold-fusion nuclear/steam powered SUV to be released soon
Please send $500,000 in small non-traceable bills to my PO box in the Cayman islands, as soon as I get 10 orders I promise you will get your car next day.
If the Elio doesn't happen after the $30 million in crowdsource funding and the approved ATVM loan is in the bank it may likely be classified a con. I don't buy into the idea that too much is actually happening until something actually happens like the P5 unveil.

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You ever been to Europe? Small cars, almost exclusively, well ok, maybe 80/20 split at most. Or Asia. I lived in Singapore and the Philippines and yes, small cars are the order of the day. Although in Europe it seems to be more of a function of space than milage, although gas prices are generally pretty high, and in Asia it's more a question of affordability of the car than mileage. The thing we have to keep in mind is the distances we cover by car in the US, mpg is fairly important as a result.

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ninety percent of the members are well informed, it is the others I care about. Reading about how hard it was for members to raise $1000 was hard to take. If Elio comes to fruition I will take a serious look at importing them, but not one for personal use.
It's not like they are taking $1000 from 9 year olds here, if you were able to put $1000 together then you should be wise enough to spend it.

Top Bottom