• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Is There Any Physical And Substantial Progress Towards Production Of The Elio?

KScarguy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've gone from this website for a long time. It was intentional. I stayed away from here and other Elio sites because I became a doubter.

I'd like to be a believer again, but I need proof. I need real information about actual Elio production.

Has anything changed? Is there a running engine? Is the plant actually being built with tooling to produce the Elio (not just moving or selling off existing equipment)? Is the production date set or still sliding around as always? Have any subcontractors started producing parts for the Elio? The last bit of news I heard was that Elio was going to hire 900 people to start working in late 2014. That is here and almost gone. Has anyone been hired or interviewed?

In a nutshell: Is there any physical and substantial progress towards production of the Elio?

Is there any reason for me to change my mind and believe they are actually going to build the Elio?

PS. Not a "hater"...just want to be convinced by facts and not speculation.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
1. yes there is a running engine, that's the good news
2. All else you asked, plant status, production date,etc. no
3. "subcontractors" I know of the engine, but others might know more, but there has been announcements as to some of the "venders" that will be supplying some of the "factory" options. (the way I read it these are not "after market", but will be part of supplying their products thru Elio), who has also indicated his profit margine of 20%. Folks with greater knowledge will, I'm sure, be adding info.
4. Elio did hire one fellow that we know of, and he turned out to be some politico from the committee that approved Elio's purchase. Me to I was thinking the same thing..... (LOL)
5. Start-up date is still iffy, with the latest 4 q of next year, although there are banging on the pipes that it just might be extended
6. ALL the other information is speculation, with threads still alive as to which side the gas cap should be!! etc.etc. and probably hasn't changed, I personally enjoy the banter, knowing I'm not alone trying to deal with long term gratification!
Basically, I'd have to say lots of B.S. little substance
hope that helps

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've gone from this website for a long time. It was intentional. I stayed away from here and other Elio sites because I became a doubter.

I'd like to be a believer again, but I need proof. I need real information about actual Elio production.

Has anything changed? Is there a running engine? Is the plant actually being built with tooling to produce the Elio (not just moving or selling off existing equipment)? Is the production date set or still sliding around as always? Have any subcontractors started producing parts for the Elio? The last bit of news I heard was that Elio was going to hire 900 people to start working in late 2014. That is here and almost gone. Has anyone been hired or interviewed?

In a nutshell: Is there any physical and substantial progress towards production of the Elio?

Is there any reason for me to change my mind and believe they are actually going to build the Elio?

You ask a question that requires speculation. A new start up company building a new concept vehicle has an ever changing time line to production........a process with hurdles along the way when it's done it's done. You need to see the Elio roll off the assembly line to believe it. EM states the anticipated production schedule is 4th Quarter 2015.........believe it or not. I speculate it will happen when it's ready to build......the 12th of whenever........better than the 12th of never.

Last edited:

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver

I hear ya and understand and empathize with your position. I may be getting there too, we'll see as the weeks go by.

Most likely the proof that you need is still many months away. The production date is still a target because there are variables outside of Elio Motors' control. That's certainly not comforting and doesn't help those of us that need things set in stone.

Engine testing started somewhere around Nov. 15. I wish I had some information that fits into proof, or real information. There are things still happening as they were a year ago, and there have been announcements, and the website has been redone. You can cruise around eliomotors.com and see what's new.

JP

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The last big anouncement were some of the options, which are great. However, I'd really like to see a running engine in the prototype

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You ask a question that requires speculation. A new start up company building a new concept vehicle has an ever changing time line to production........a process with hurdles along the way when it's done it's done. You need to see the Elio roll off the assembly line to believe it. EM states the anticipated production schedule is 4th Quarter 2015.........believe it or not. I speculate it will happen when it's ready to build......the 12th of whenever........better than the 12th of never.
He asked some q that are not speculation(s), and was asking meaningful updates, without "speculation" I tried to cover the "facts" on most of his q and my observations (speculations) on others. It is extremely difficult to produce a product such as this, we all can agree ?, Even your note is admittedly absent of "facts"- i.e. anticipated, twice mentioning speculation, believe it or not, when it's done it's done, the 12th of whenever(?) is that to suggest any time in the future? He/she was just "checking in" without an ax to grind (wherever the derivation of that is from) and no, we're not related (LOL)

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
4. Elio did hire one fellow that we know of, and he turned out to be some politico from the committee that approved Elio's purchase. Me to I was thinking the same thing..... (LOL)

Elio did not hire the gentleman. Comau hired him and 30 other locals as temporary contractors to help with inventory and rearrangement of the equipment in the plant. Comau was hired to handle the organizing of the plant and the sale of the unneeded equipment because they will be responsible for setting up the production line. That is what they do. That is their specialty. They have been one of the Elio suppliers from very early on. :) Z

Top Bottom