• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Is There Any Physical And Substantial Progress Towards Production Of The Elio?

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Have you ever watched new building/restaurants go up in your city/town? Even re-purposing an existing building. It commonly takes 6-7 months to get a simple fast-food chain restaurant built and operating. There's a Krispy Kreme going up in my part of DFW that is basically using (with modifications) an existing Burger King structure and even doing that it's going to take them about 5 months at best. I don't just mean structurally built, I mean actually operating with walk-in customers. And that is with all parties involved "ready to go" immediately. And putting up a fast food restaurant might as well be fingerpainting compared to the immense size of the Elio project.

Just adding up all the tangible progress (or lack thereof) it becomes plainly obvious nothing is coming to fruition next year, or likely even 2016 for that matter. Hiring production staff would take MONTHS and need to be started months out. Populating the facility with Elio-specific tooling and getting it all operating would surely take weeks/months. Not to mention the "retail centers"? As far as I know, Elio has purchased no land etc. We are genuinely still so far out it's not even funny.

Having said that, I'm not a "hater" as I do genuinely want this car, but Elio's timeline could be described as perhaps hopelessly optimistic and anybody who actually believes they'll be driving an Elio next year are either (you choose) naive or gullible.

Wow, you have some slow builders in your area. In my area QuikTrip is able to have new gas stations with large convenient stores built up from bare earth to serving customers in only three months time and I have seem several fast food outlets completely gutted and even roofs replaced then rebuilt in just a matter of weeks.

For your information in the first year there will not be any retail centers opened as the first year is only going to pre-ordered reserved vehicles for individuals and fleets. Also these retail centers do not involve land purchases as they will be leased space in existing retail centers so none of this factors into when these vehicles enter production at all.

There are plenty of unanswered questions about Elio Motors which provide plenty of valid points for discussion and we generally welcome all points of view on this forum. You can choose to believe whatever you wish however the fact that you felt the need to call other people names when sharing your ideas is uncalled for and pretty much tells me I should not take what you have to say very seriously.

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Have you ever watched new building/restaurants go up in your city/town? Even re-purposing an existing building. It commonly takes 6-7 months to get a simple fast-food chain restaurant built and operating. There's a Krispy Kreme going up in my part of DFW that is basically using (with modifications) an existing Burger King structure and even doing that it's going to take them about 5 months at best. I don't just mean structurally built, I mean actually operating with walk-in customers. And that is with all parties involved "ready to go" immediately. And putting up a fast food restaurant might as well be fingerpainting compared to the immense size of the Elio project.

Just adding up all the tangible progress (or lack thereof) it becomes plainly obvious nothing is coming to fruition next year, or likely even 2016 for that matter. Hiring production staff would take MONTHS and need to be started months out. Populating the facility with Elio-specific tooling and getting it all operating would surely take weeks/months. Not to mention the "retail centers"? As far as I know, Elio has purchased no land etc. We are genuinely still so far out it's not even funny.

Having said that, I'm not a "hater" as I do genuinely want this car, but Elio's timeline could be described as perhaps hopelessly optimistic and anybody who actually believes they'll be driving an Elio next year are either (you choose) naive or gullible.
Elio's stated Timeline is being optimistic........still doable........not hopelessly optimistic. Retail centers are likely to be smaller 'Boutiques" like Tesla's direct sales model requiring the lease of existing space for a fast and economical roll out much later in the production cycle. No need to purchase land/or constuction time required.

Last edited:

james92se

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, you have some slow builders in your area. In my area QuikTrip is able to have new gas stations with large convenient stores built up from bare earth to serving customers in only three months time and I have seem several fast food outlets completely gutted and even roofs replaced then rebuilt in just a matter of weeks.

For your information in the first year there will not be any retail centers opened as the first year is only going to pre-ordered reserved vehicles for individuals and fleets. Also these retail centers do not involve land purchases as they will be leased space in existing retail centers so none of this factors into when these vehicles enter production at all.

There are plenty of unanswered questions about Elio Motors which provide plenty of valid points for discussion and we generally welcome all points of view on this forum. You can choose to believe whatever you wish however the fact that you felt the need to call other people names when sharing your ideas is uncalled for and pretty much tells me I should not take what you have to say very seriously.

??????????

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Jerome told me in July that the start of production was projected to be 4th Qtr. of 2015.

hopefully we will be able to see him on Saturday and will try to ask for an update .... I've got to go and start making a list ..
coffee.gif

Jim

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
??????????

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You ask a question that requires speculation. A new start up company building a new concept vehicle has an ever changing time line to production........a process with hurdles along the way when it's done it's done. You need to see the Elio roll off the assembly line to believe it. EM states the anticipated production schedule is 4th Quarter 2015.........believe it or not. I speculate it will happen when it's ready to build......the 12th of whenever........better than the 12th of never.
Rickb, please show me where EM said production is now scheduled for 4th Quarter 2015.

Top Bottom