• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Is There Any Physical And Substantial Progress Towards Production Of The Elio?

KScarguy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think the Elio is a cool idea and I will own an Elio...if and when they are ever built.

Unfortunately, the fact is, nobody on this site owns an Elio. They own t-shirt(s) and a reservation number. Everyone wants to own the vehicle. So I am here simply to find out if there is any production progress. If someone tells me they see actual progress in the production front, then I will run as fast as possible, and put down my deposit so I too can own a t-shirt and reservation number...and hopefully a vehicle.

I am not a hater, but I am cautious. FYI - I turned down the moderator position a while back, because I had doubts they would be built...I hope I am wrong.

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There is activity at the plant . How much hard to say. The engine is being tested. There seems to be more coverage in different online and some local news programs. That is progress. Hard to deny the almost 37,000 reservation .
At this point it is much easier to believe it will happen than it was just 6 months ago. Sometimes Life requires you to jump, jump out, jump off or jump in.
I jumped in on the ELIO, regardless of the out come it was my call. I think it was a good call.

OctoberGlory

Elio Addict
Reaction score
...Unfortunately, the fact is, nobody on this site owns an Elio...

When I put my $1,000 down I bought into one man's dream. Soon that dream will become reality.
OctoberGlory

"My dream has been to build a new kind of safe, reliable, fuel-efficient vehicle here in the United States."
Paul Elio

"A dream doesn't become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work."
Colin Powell

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with doubters or doubting............just don't let it rain on your parade if you trust it will happen.

I 'trust' based on performance that Elio will happen at this point in the process. I personally see physical and substantial progress since 2008 as shown by the Elio Timeline. Very quiet progress from 2008-13, but 2013-present BAM! substantial progress. I anticipate one more delay based on engine testing and no news on the production prototype builds (maybe they are built, under wraps. and waiting for the IAV power plant).

Elio needs to be built right.............out of the box...........to be a successful vehicle and creating a successful Elio Motors. Nobody wants to be disappointed upon taking delivery........the little understandable disappointment caused by production delays.....big deal! Elio is moving along the road to production with a few expected minor detours.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think the Elio is a cool idea and I will own an Elio...if and when they are ever built.

Unfortunately, the fact is, nobody on this site owns an Elio. They own t-shirt(s) and a reservation number. Everyone wants to own the vehicle. So I am here simply to find out if there is any production progress. If someone tells me they see actual progress in the production front, then I will run as fast as possible, and put down my deposit so I too can own a t-shirt and reservation number...and hopefully a vehicle.

I am not a hater, but I am cautious. FYI - I turned down the moderator position a while back, because I had doubts they would be built...I hope I am wrong.
h
Hey don't be so quick to draw conclusions, I was told that if it doesn't happen, my "T" will be worth a 1,000.00, So I see it as no risk whatsoever. The bumpersticker really sweetened the deal too, i.e. no downside. I suggest you go 1k all in and get your "T" ASAP, you might be missing out.

Dusty921

Elio Addict
Reaction score
God, I get bored with the doom and gloom, I'm going to get one if it succeeds, bunch...:rolleyes: They have such a spectacular lack of vision.
How many times do we have to listen the same yada, yada, yada, when we could be looking at Arilea's artistry or listening to G1's
wealth of knowledge. We all question certain aspects of this process and questioning is healthy, as is caution, but at some point, a
commitment becomes a prerequisite to participate in dialogue. Just a hundo', refundable, will do, stop shooting thru the window.
So, sit back and learn or anty-up.... put your money where your mouth is... or just bugger off!!! :p........:D

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
God, I get bored with the doom and gloom, I'm going to get one if it succeeds, bunch...:rolleyes: They have such a spectacular lack of vision.
How many times do we have to listen the same yada, yada, yada, when we could be looking at Arilea's artistry or listening to G1's
wealth of knowledge. We all question certain aspects of this process and questioning is healthy, as is caution, but at some point, a
commitment becomes a prerequisite to participate in dialogue. Just a hundo', refundable, will do, stop shooting thru the window.
So, sit back and learn or anty-up.... put your money where your mouth is... or just bugger off!!! :p........:D
Well said and I absolutely agree. If you don't believe in Elio go find another sandbox to play in.

KScarguy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I started this thread specifically to ask for concrete information relating to production progress of the Elio. I have never said anywhere, in any post, ever, that I don't like the Elio.

Thank you to those who honestly tried to provide positive and constructive insight.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I started this thread specifically to ask for concrete information relating to production progress of the Elio. I have never said anywhere, in any post, ever, that I don't like the Elio.

Thank you to those who honestly tried to provide positive and constructive insight.
So you like the Elio but don't believe there has been physical and substantial progress (P2, P3, P4, Partners, Reservations, Locked in funding, fully equipped manufacturing plant, IAV engine testiing) made by Elio Motors towards production?

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So you like the Elio but don't believe there has been physical and substantial progress (P2, P3, P4, Partners, Reservations, Locked in funding, fully equipped manufacturing plant, IAV engine testiing) made by Elio Motors towards production?
That's not really fair Rick. If you go back to the beginning of this thread, KScarguy did say he's been away from this site for awhile, so he probaby hasn't heard all the updates the rest of us have over the months. It's perfectly fine to have reservations, even if you don't have a reservation. He didn't strike me as a hater, just requesting more information. We all are entitled to our opinions, and I enjoy reading the negatives, even though I may not agree. I was starting to have my own doubts with that post that stated the only standard color was black, which turned out to be not true. We're all one big happy family here. If you want haters, try reading the posts on facebook.

Top Bottom