• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

I've Actually Sat In The Elio And Here Is One Thing I Would Change!

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
This is not supposed to be a "what if" thread. I thought we'd just simply list something we were actually unhappy about after sitting in the Elio rather than getting off on tangents. Sure, it'd be nice if it had 200hp, 0-60 in 3 seconds... but what I was curious about was what real thing that you could tell from just sitting in it did you NOT like or something that it really should have in order for you to be happy with it.
Foldable wings? sure... whatever. That's not the intent. I'm looking more for:
"I didn't like the seatbelt over my left shoulder" Yes, I know they've said they are GOING to change it but it is still one thing I didn't like.
"I think it should sit up higher. I thought it was too low"
"I didn't like the hood pins." (actually, I don't. I thought it'd interrupt the air flow.)
"The door sill should be lower"
Those sort of things. "Stay on target"
It is "What could be different" and I have thought about a side stick steering for a very long time. Sitting in the Elio did remind me of a small aircraft and with only one door, a side stick would fit in. Someone mentioned "feel" of the road, you can build that in with today's electronics; I have a couple of different simulators (one for driving, one for flying) that both have feedback built in. And being that I like to tinker, I did turn the force feedback up just a little ;). So remember to give credit those have a very creative side; I am, and have been one of those types of people for a very long time. So yes Ty, I am on target; I exchanged an idea that would be for me, not for the masses.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Personally I would like a swing down arm rest on the right side so when cruising, I don't have to rest my arm on the emergency brake.
I agree on copious amounts of storage space. I like storage cubbies.
Well they DO have one in the back area just behind and below the right side of the driver's seat. Go to 5:45 in the video link and you'll see it.
The second armrest will be in the production vehicle, I've checked on this before and had it confirmed. So you will get your wish :becky:

msmith5150

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The seat belt over the right shoulder latching by your left hip would be horrible, I hope to god they don't do that. You get in a car now, the belt goes over the left shoulder latches by the right hip because it's the driver's side. Same should be with the Elio, would feel so wrong other wise.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Personally I would like a swing down arm rest on the right side so when cruising, I don't have to rest my arm on the emergency brake.

Well they DO have one in the back area just behind and below the right side of the driver's seat. Go to 5:45 in the video link and you'll see it.
thhanks, i missed that

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Interesting! I had seen, but never noticed before, the real emergency brake (not just parking brake) that would actually let you do a slow release for starting on an up hill grade.
More and more fun brought back to driving.

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would change my state of mind when I sat in it. It was strange, I seemed to forget everything that I wanted to look at when I actually got to sit in it. I wanted to see how well I could see out the windshield. I wanted to see if I could see the front wheels. I wanted to see how difficult it would be to back up without mirrors or cameras. The list goes on. I just forgot all that and thought how excited I'll be when I get my autocycle.:rolleyes:

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would change my state of mind when I sat in it. It was strange, I seemed to forget everything that I wanted to look at when I actually got to sit in it. I wanted to see how well I could see out the windshield. I wanted to see if I could see the front wheels. I wanted to see how difficult it would be to back up without mirrors or cameras. The list goes on. I just forgot all that and thought how excited I'll be when I get my autocycle.:rolleyes:
I pretty much did the same thing :yuck:

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The seat belt over the right shoulder latching by your left hip would be horrible, I hope to god they don't do that. You get in a car now, the belt goes over the left shoulder latches by the right hip because it's the driver's side. Same should be with the Elio, would feel so wrong other wise.

understood on the difference .... the reason given for moving it to be anchored on the right is to keep the belt out of the way of a person getting into or out of the back seat

Top Bottom