• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

I've Been Gone For Six Month. Any News?

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Do you think that the Eliocoin is something created to show on the SEC report, as a possible source of future funding?

IMHO, mentioning anything 'cryptocurrency,' Bitcoin, ESGCoin, Eliocoin, YoYocoin, or Haricoin, in the SEC filing would be inviting scorn and ridicule. This is nothing but a pathetic attempt to gain time. The only hope for damage control is hoping that time somehow makes bitter pills easier to cram down our throats.

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The last 3 months or so has been a bit of a crash course for me, into the world of cryptocurrencies.

With no whitepaper or anything else published, "Eliocoin" sounds like a complete joke, if not an outright cash-grab. There are a couple really good cryptocurrencies that I think have a real chance of supplanting fiat currency for a lot of common microtransactions (Bitcoin isn't one of them), but nothing Elio comes up with is going to fit that.

As to utility tokens, I don't see how there could be any possible use of a tokenized crypto in relation to the Elio. I can see some uses of a crypto token for a car sharing business like YoYo, but in that case...why not call it "Yoyocoin"? But either way, you don't buy a crypto token, they are simply a function of the distributed ledger and don't actually represent value in themselves.

I wouldn't laugh about crypto currencies. It can be difficult to understand how the distributed ledger works, or the difference between Proof of Work and Proof of Stake currencies, or how Bitcoin's Universal Ledger compares to IOTA's Tangle Ledger and NANO's Lattice Ledgers. Trying to understand crypto is a bit like learning how combustion engines work. But I don't think anybody disagrees that Combustion Engines are better than riding horses everywhere.

That said, feel free to laugh at Eliocoin. It's clear to me that they are using it purely as a funding mechanism, perhaps by requiring that Elio buyers use their coin as the purchasing medium. If that's the case, I would love to have my non-refundable reservation converted into Eliocoins. Then I can sell those on a crypto exchange and trade for something actually valuable, like Dogecoin.

I still want my Elio though.
Well said Seth. Good to hear you're still around :D
Still having a good time with your Leafs ? I'm enjoying the hell out of my Volt :p

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well said Seth. Good to hear you're still around :D
Still having a good time with your Leafs ? I'm enjoying the hell out of my Volt :p

Yup! The Leafs are holding up quite nicely. In a few years, we'll be upgrading the older one to a 200+ mile range EV. Probably a Chevy Bolt, but I really like the look of the new Hyundai Kona CUV.
Once we upgrade, my wife says I can drop the Leaf's drivetrain into a '32 Ford Coupe (new manufacture steel body) :D

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Has anything changed in the last 6 months? Any news? Any crash test reports? Anything at all?

I only have $100 non-refundable vested into this, so I'm not really sore about the apparent lack of progress. But their blog emails say nothing.

I still really want an elio though.
big reach out- hope your enjoying your EV
and as others mentioned zip, zero, nada- doesn't stop folks perpetuating the same old.
Tomorrow will be the big break we've been waiting for...
After reading the tea leaves, tide charts, weather, the speculation is all, as it has always speculation. (read B.S.)

Uncle Charlie

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
The biggest news I've seen was their new t-shirt contest, like others have mentioned. Honestly, I wouldn't wear their shirt if they paid me to at this point.

I probably would wear a shirt like the old X-Files poster "I want to believe" with an Elio on it though. Come to think of it, I probably should have submitted that one during their contest LOL.

In off-topic news, you can mark me down as another "supporter" who had to go out & buy another car (Subaru died & can't be resurrected) while waiting for my Elio.

Wish there was better news to come back to.

I posted this originally about a year ago:
Elioimage (2).jpg

Top Bottom