• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Jalopnik Claims Elio Has Only $100k In Bank, $123 Million In Debt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm going to get in trouble and crosspost a link I put up on another thread but you might want to listen to Paul himself as he was interviewed today. https://twitter.com/i/live/788577714252886017
Excellent! Thanks R.

I noticed that Paul once again eludes to the ever mysterious "next funding event".
That's the big question. What could it be... What in the world could it be.

Oh, I almost forgot... And when?

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Thread-Offtopic-Derailed.jpg

Folks we are really off topic here, and Booboo was correct, political discussions are out of bounds.
This conversation has really gotten carried away. To all involved, I suggest all facts that you present have proof and hear say is not proof. Or just drop it all together. I strongly suggest you all go back and re-read the entire conversation and take notes if you have to.
But most of all CHILL!!

Horn

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Fisker and Tesla both received loans and while not identical to EM's situation, they are fairly similar.

And reading through EA's post, there are some relevant details in there. The two which stand out to me are there being no loans at all since 2011 and that they are still authorized to grant them.

Fisker failed and costed the DOE/U.S. Gov't/tax payers a lot of money.

Travelbuzz1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Halted as in they haven't given one out since 2011.
They have given loans from 2011.
John Giberson. (Future Elio Qwners of America ) This came directly from a conversation I had with Joel Sheltrown (Elio Motors ) I asked for permission to share it with the group and was given such. This is another piece of information that was shared with me. "Cantwell is the lead Dem on the Committee.. Her office has been very helpful. We have been working numerous Congressional to ask questions via phone or email as to what is the issue with DOE ATVM not approving, not only Eliop, but any loans since 2014. Considerable pressure was applied by certain Congressional members. That being the case, I am for certain that DOE will know exactly why this question was asked. The question and response will be important going forward with the ATVM loan."

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They made reports that recommended that, but they didn't succeed. They never halted anything.
Read the Congressional Research Service Document at the link I provided in the earlier post.
And please stop promoting this unfounded information as per Coss's post. I'm out of here.

P.S. If you have any documentation that's not heresay about loans being made after 2011, please provide the link.

Bye bye.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom