• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Jalopnik Claims Elio Has Only $100k In Bank, $123 Million In Debt

Status
Not open for further replies.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
How did this thread get from another BS article out of Jalopnik to this?
Let's get back on track, or lets close the thread if there is nothing to be said about the article.
Oh gosh, I agree, just as soon as I get my 2cents in.. lol..

It's been the big secret all along, "what other funding sources are held in the wings?"
The optimistic guess is, this is another reason Paul wants that 65k threshold hit. It helps prove something to those with deep pockets.
If I had sources like that, I'd be exceptionally secretive about it as well.

After the 65k mark is hit, we may see something like another funding round. But something will definitely have to happen.

Horn

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So what does 65k over 63k mean?

I think it's just a way to buy time. Absolutely nothing will change when it gets to 65k. Private investors would have already jumped in by now.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
So what does 65k over 63k mean?

I think it's just a way to buy time. Absolutely nothing will change when it gets to 65k. Private investors would have already jumped in by now.
The 65K was a number the EM and the ATVM people came up with; they have never gone into detail what it means, what it's for just it was a goal number to reach

Horn

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well their word isn't that great. I don't really trust anything PE says. Seems like they are more worried about selling the concept than making it.

I don't see them ever getting the funding.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Well their word isn't that great. I don't really trust anything PE says. Seems like they are more worried about selling the concept than making it.

I don't see them ever getting the funding.
To each his own. If you don't believe anything they say, why are you here on a Pro-Elio site?

Horn

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Because of the Slim chance that something actually happens, I'd buy one.

I like the car and idea. I like 3 cylinder engines. I like simple cars. Imo this is the best looking 3 wheeled economy car being designed right now.

I just don't trust the company. I personally think they are lying about things. They haven't had any huge news in a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom