• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

January 15, 2015 Delay And Delay Repercussions Discussion - All Others Will Be Combined!

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In other words he just gave you more BS and LIES.
Take the reply as you see fit. No reason to name call. I believe they are on track to secure funding that's not BS. On track to 2016 production isn't BS or lies just not realistic to set a production date until funding is secured. When the money needed for production is in the bank and only then can they announce a production date. Too many roadblocks otherwise leading to delay after delay after delay and more disappointment. I'm maintaining my reservation and supporting EM in a positive way, but they now have to show me the money.

BADBOY

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well I just got email from the man himself pushing back to

With that in mind, since our inception we have adopted transparency as one of our core values. Keeping our customers up to date in a timely manner on our progress is incredibly important to our mission.

That’s why it is a top priority of our company to let you know we have pushed back our 2015 production target. We now anticipate production date in the first half of 2016. We have many of the major building blocks in place to succeed, including our vehicle design, our world-class team of suppliers and the manufacturing facility in Shreveport. In addition, we will introduce our engine to suppliers, investors and media on Feb. 6. Even with all that progress, the key component that affects our timeline is funding, and these efforts continue to take shape as we have several strategies in place to expedite the fundraising efforts. We have retained Corporate Fuel Securities, a New York-based FINRA registered broker dealer to act as financial advisor and placement agent in our fundraising efforts. And, we can raise potentially millions of dollars through the sale of surplus equipment in the Shreveport facility. In fact, here is a web site where you can take a look at all the surplus equipment available (Surplus Elio Equipment).

wayne kemp

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Take the reply as you see fit. No reason to name call. I believe they are on track to secure funding that's not BS. On track to 2016 production isn't BS or lies just not realistic to set a production date until funding is secured. When the money needed for production is in the bank and only then can they announce a production date. Too many roadblocks otherwise leading to delay after delay after delay and more disappointment. I'm maintaining my reservation and supporting EM in a positive way, but they now have to show me the money.
If Caddo Police Jury hadn't called Paul on the carpet we would still be expecting a Dec. 2015 delivery date.

Roberto Benitez

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
If in 1, 1 1/2, 2,... year(s) from now something is built, AND I have not spent my Elio-Fund (BIG IF), then I will go for it. But for all intents and purposes, I am out.

Very sad, really, that not enough people(who can fund the project) see its potential. Where are all those who @#%$'ed about climate change and gas guzzlers--and became billionaires in the process?

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wonder, will the engine be put into some prototypes and tested; or is all on hold until the funding secured.
That particular engine will be run to failure. Actually, the oil and coolant will be removed a little at a time until catastrophic failure. That's from Elio. They said this engine would never be on the road.

wayne kemp

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Caddo Parrish invited Elio. They clapped even. Paul was there voluntarily and wasn't prompted to talk about the delay. He wasn't "on the carpet".
Invited him to ask WHY THE HOLD UP. He didn't ask them for a meeting. If no meeting you would still be thinking Dec. 2015 for your Elio.
Thanks Caddo for bringing out the truth.

Top Bottom