• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Jebar's 2015 Nascar Thread

CheeseheadEarl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What do you Danica fans make of her new sponsor?

Www.naturesbakery.com

Article from Fox sports:

http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/sto...nsor-nature-s-bakery-replacing-godaddy-081815

I worry that they don't have the pockets deep enough to sponsor at this level. As recently as 2/2014, they projected $100M revenue for 2014, all I found in a very quick search. That means they better be making a 30-40% profit on that if they plan to plow money into a 28 race primary Cup sponsorship and all the marketing that goes with it. Sponsorship alone will likely run $20M, then there's appeatances, TV ads, etc.

I worry that they're another company that will quickly find out they are over their head and leave her with a blank car when the 2nd payment doesn't show up.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
that is OUTSTANDING NEWS for both SHR and Danica's team .... thanks for posting the info and link .... I often wondered how a website domain company that charged its customers a dollar a month could afford to sponsor a race team ..... from the growth of GoDaddy, it was apparently a good relationship .... I like the following comment taken from the link given above :

"Nature's Bakery was founded in 2010 by the father-and-son duo of Dave and Sam Marson with a mission of making delicious, convenient, on-the-go snacks that complement health-conscious living and active, everyday lifestyles," Stewart-Haas said in making the announcement. "Their lineage in the food industry can be traced back to the 1960s when Dave's father, Richard Marson, opened a family bakery. Growing up in the bakery, Dave passed his passion and skills along to his son, Sam, whereupon the two combined their knowledge and entrepreneurial spirit to form Nature's Bakery."

Asked about how bold a move it was for a comparatively small company to become a full-time NASCAR sponsor, Nature's Bakery founder Dave Marson smiled.

"You know what? You don't get anywhere in life taking a little bit of risk," Marson said. "Our business was built on that foundation when we started. We had an idea, and we have an idea with this where this is going to take us. But we're an extremely profitable company. It's a calculated risk, but in the same sense it is absolutely where we need to be at the right time and the right place for our company."

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, I read that this morning; 200 people out of work when the doors close.
I haven't found the exact reason why, but I think Mikey's partner walked out on the deal and Mikey can't do it on his own; I guess Buffy cleaned him out down to his skivvy's.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
per NASCAR.com ---- "The move comes on the heels of MWR principal owner Rob Kauffman's confirmation Aug. 1 that he had purchased an ownership stake in Chevrolet team Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates."

for most teams Sprint Cup level sponsors are hard to come by .... if 5 Hour Energy goes with him, Boyer will have no trouble finding a team and I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be with Ganassi

CheeseheadEarl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
per NASCAR.com ---- "The move comes on the heels of MWR principal owner Rob Kauffman's confirmation Aug. 1 that he had purchased an ownership stake in Chevrolet team Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates."

for most teams Sprint Cup level sponsors are hard to come by .... if 5 Hour Energy goes with him, Boyer will have no trouble finding a team and I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be with Ganassi
That's already the "unofficial" destination.

Seems to some like Mikey is getting the shirt end here, and maybe so to a point, but he's said many times that he'd have had to fold up long ago if not for Kaufman. In all, i think he made a pretty good go at it in times that were far from the best to be starting out.

Losing Truex, NAPA, and Rodney Childers due to the team orders scandal 2 years ago really was the beginning of the end for MWR, and all 3 are doing quite well elsewhere.

Top Bottom