• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Jebar's 2015 Nascar Thread

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
hope the Twitter report is accurate .... any whisper of NASCAR taking any degree of negative action can only result in a major black eye

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Went to sleep. Saw it for the 1st time this morning. Incredible that only one person went to the hospital in that one. It was real eerie to see the 3 car involved in a wreck like that at Daytona.

agree .... about 5 weeks ago we had a private tour of Stewart-Haas shop .... one of my wife's former physics students is the chief engineer on the 10 team .... we got to see the fully exposed NASCAR roll cage and it most certainly is ruggedly built .... seeing how well the roll cage in the 3 car protected Austin is proof positve

"Daytona President Joie Chitwood said 13 fans were attended to in the grandstands. Eight declined treatment, four were seen at the track and one was taken to a local hospital in stable condition."

from this link where much more info is available

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
After 8 pm (Central time) I gave up and thought the race would be today. Boy was I disappointed when I got up today to find out that it began here at 9:30 pm/ Missed the whole damn thing.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
at one time Dale Sr. was considered by many to be the best at restrictor plate tracks .... I tend to agree with some of the drivers like the 24 who in a post race interview stated that Jr is the best today .... he his two wins this season have come on restrictor plate tracks .... he dominated the race with a car that was strong but no stronger than some like the 48

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't believe Newman; he's shooting his mouth off that NASCAR hasn't done enough to make it safe for the fans.
Are you kidding me? 20 years ago Austin would have been up in the stands and would have killed a number of people.
The catch fence did it's job (185 to 0 in just a few feet) Dillon's car was destroyed and he didn't have a scratch on him, the people in the stands that did get hurt was minimal (only one went to the hospital and that's because they were being careful).
Newman SHUT UP!! :mad2: I do have to give NASCAR credit for taking an inherently dangerous competition and making it a survivable situation with minimal injury.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
historically when something like this happens, NASCAR sends in their people to analyze everything .... I agree that the fence did its job, hopefully whatever they find can be used to make the catch fence system work even better

RMClubfitter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I can only imagine what Childress was thinking when he saw his grandson in the 3 car go into the catch fence after losing E Sr at Daytona just some 15 yrs earlier?

Top Bottom