• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Jeff Porter's Football Talk

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
in the early games the Cowboys absolutely dogged the Redskins .... RGIII showed a few flashes of talent but all-in-all sure didn't help his free market value .... neither team really looked good to me but KC took out the Chargers ....

Jim

hawg_ryder

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, my Texans finished up 9-7... Not too bad considering last year's 2-14 season... and the injuries they had this season... Sure wish the Brownies could've helped us out today, but hey it was a long shot... I do hope JJ Watt gets serious consideration for MVP, but that's probably a long shot as well... Congrats to all the fans with Play Off bound teams, and condolences to the rest of us... Remember, there's always next year!!! :D

h_r:cool:

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
the Packers are up on the Lions at the half but if the injury to Rodgers proves to be serious, that could be huge in the coming weeks

Jim

on Edit, the Lions have tied it up in the 3rd quarter and Rodgers is back on the field .... as the old line goes, "and the crowd goes wild" .. :D

it looks like the Panthers have come alive .... I'm surprised at how they are dominating the Falcons .... wow .... the Panthers with 7 wins are a division champion ....:confused:

Last edited:

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
in the early games the Cowboys absolutely dogged the Redskins .... RGIII showed a few flashes of talent but all-in-all sure didn't help his free market value .... neither team really looked good to me but KC took out the Chargers ....

Jim

You bring up an interesting point... will RGIII be back with the Redskins next year? I don't know enough about his contract status, how much of it a future team would need to put up. He seems to not get along with Gruden as the coach. Maybe Washington and Chicago should trade QBs, Cutler for RGIII?? LOL!

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
wow .... the Panthers with 7 wins are a division champion ....
You bring up an interesting point... will RGIII be back with the Redskins next year? I don't know enough about his contract status, how much of it a future team would need to put up. He seems to not get along with Gruden as the coach. Maybe Washington and Chicago should trade QBs, Cutler for RGIII?? LOL!

it will be interesting to see how the Redskins use their draft picks

Jim

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, my Texans finished up 9-7... Not too bad considering last year's 2-14 season... and the injuries they had this season... Sure wish the Brownies could've helped us out today, but hey it was a long shot... I do hope JJ Watt gets serious consideration for MVP, but that's probably a long shot as well... Congrats to all the fans with Play Off bound teams, and condolences to the rest of us... Remember, there's always next year!!! :D

h_r:cool:

Man you nailed it, there's AAALLLLWAYS next year. I hope they don't expand the playoffs to more teams... 12 is good, out of 32 teams. Season is 16 games. They could rethink the idea of a division winner will always host a playoff game. 7-8-1 Panthers will host 11-5 Cardinals. Not fair. But hey, life's not fair. :D

I just saw it come across... Suh will be suspended for stepping on Rodgers leg in their game yesterday. Suh will miss the playoff game this weekend. Naughty naughty, Mr. Suh. Too bad, so sad! lol

Playoffs should be excellent in general. Predictions for this weekend's games:
  • CAR over AZ
  • if Bell can't go for PIT, BAL has a chance, hard to pick that one right now
  • Will be really hard for Cincy to go into IND and win, so give the lean to IND
  • DAL over DET by 10+
Let me know your predictions!

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I just saw it come across... Suh will be suspended for stepping on Rodgers leg in their game yesterday. Suh will miss the playoff game this weekend. Naughty naughty, Mr. Suh. Too bad, so sad! lol

I couldn't believe they didn't throw a flag on that one .... granted, he was super casual so the officials on the field may have not seen it .... however, he couldn't escape the camera's eye .... in my mind, Ndamukong Suh is a thug who has no place in the NFL

Jim

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I couldn't believe they didn't throw a flag on that one .... granted, he was super casual so the officials on the field may have not seen it .... however, he couldn't escape the camera's eye .... in my mind, Ndamukong Suh is a thug who has no place in the NFL

Jim

He's got the history. Granted, that sort of stuff happens all the time in the interior line, O and D linemen stepping on hands and legs. And yes, officials have been instructed to protect the QB to the point where it's almost like flag football at times. But Mr. Suh has the over-the-line nasty side to him, and I sure wouldn't want him on my team.

It is amazing Jim that the officials missed that. I know on Mike and Mike this morning on ESPN2, Golic said he felt that Suh would not get suspended. Maybe a fine. But Golic was a D lineman in his career, so there ya go. lol

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Packers managed to win. Suh cheap shot is typical of him. He has it down to an art form by now. He should be out of the game for good. Packersin the play offs again that is good where they go now it a gamble . Not bad of low end defense most of the season.

Top Bottom