• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Jeff Porter's Football Talk

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
AFC games that matter:
Chargers @ Chiefs
San Diego can lock up a playoff berth with a win. The Chiefs still have an outside shot, but will need a ton of help. A win by the Ravens or Texans would eliminate Kansas City.
Bengals @ Steelers
No matter who wins the Broncos-Bengals game on Monday night, this game will decide the winner of the AFC North. Both teams have locked up playoff spots, so only seeding is on the line in this one.
Browns @ Ravens
The Ravens need a win and a Chargers loss to get into the postseason.
Jaguars @ Texans
Houston has the easiest matchup of the AFC playoff contenders, but they’ll need both the Chargers and Ravens to lose to get in.
Bills @ Patriots
The Patriots can lock up homefield advantage throughout the playoffs with a win or a Broncos loss.
Oakland @ Denver
Denver needs to win out and have the Patriots lose to the Bills in order to get the top seed in the AFC. The Broncos can clinch a first-round bye with a win on Monday night.
NFC Games that Matter:
Panthers @ Falcons

The winner of this game will represent the NFC South in the playoffs. The South champ will likely take on the runner-up in the NFC West, the last division to be represented by a losing team in the playoffs.
Lions @ Packers
The NFC North title and a first-round bye is on the line in this one. The loser will face the Cowboys in the wildcard round if the Cardinals beat the 49ers.
Cardinals @ 49ers / Rams @ Seahawks
Seattle clinches homefield advantage throughout the playoffs with a win. The Cardinals need a win and a Seahawks loss to win the NFC West.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
AFC games that matter:
Chargers @ Chiefs
San Diego can lock up a playoff berth with a win. The Chiefs still have an outside shot, but will need a ton of help. A win by the Ravens or Texans would eliminate Kansas City.
Bengals @ Steelers
No matter who wins the Broncos-Bengals game on Monday night, this game will decide the winner of the AFC North. Both teams have locked up playoff spots, so only seeding is on the line in this one.
Browns @ Ravens
The Ravens need a win and a Chargers loss to get into the postseason.
Jaguars @ Texans
Houston has the easiest matchup of the AFC playoff contenders, but they’ll need both the Chargers and Ravens to lose to get in.
Bills @ Patriots
The Patriots can lock up homefield advantage throughout the playoffs with a win or a Broncos loss.
Oakland @ Denver
Denver needs to win out and have the Patriots lose to the Bills in order to get the top seed in the AFC. The Broncos can clinch a first-round bye with a win on Monday night.
NFC Games that Matter:
Panthers @ Falcons

The winner of this game will represent the NFC South in the playoffs. The South champ will likely take on the runner-up in the NFC West, the last division to be represented by a losing team in the playoffs.
Lions @ Packers
The NFC North title and a first-round bye is on the line in this one. The loser will face the Cowboys in the wildcard round if the Cardinals beat the 49ers.
Cardinals @ 49ers / Rams @ Seahawks
Seattle clinches homefield advantage throughout the playoffs with a win. The Cardinals need a win and a Seahawks loss to win the NFC West.

Well done Ty, thanks!

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I figured I'd save you the step.

LOL, you mean I might be grumpy at my Chiefs performance? Dang right. lol

Oh well, I'm a fan, not a fanatic. Life continues on. I appreciate good NFL football regardless of the team. I also know that for 31 NFL teams, a loss is usually their last game or they don't make the playoffs.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
LOL, you mean I might be grumpy at my Chiefs performance? Dang right. lol

Oh well, I'm a fan, not a fanatic. Life continues on. I appreciate good NFL football regardless of the team. I also know that for 31 NFL teams, a loss is usually their last game or they don't make the playoffs.
Well, you can guarantee that 16 teams will either lose or tie their last game this year.

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
How 'bout those Cowboys. Haven't seen a whoopin' that bad in quite some time. One problem, they did too good! I have DeMarco Murray, Dez Bryant, and Jason Witten on my fantasy team playing for the championship. All 3 sat out the 4th quarter and probably cost me the game and about about $100 (the difference from 1st and 2nd place finishes)

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
How 'bout those Cowboys. Haven't seen a whoopin' that bad in quite some time. One problem, they did too good! I have DeMarco Murray, Dez Bryant, and Jason Witten on my fantasy team playing for the championship. All 3 sat out the 4th quarter and probably cost me the game and about about $100 (the difference from 1st and 2nd place finishes)

Brutal! :) I feel your pain. That is one problem with not diversifying, whether it's retirement investments or fantasy football players!

Cowboys played very well. Luck continues this season to make bad throws, similar to Rivers, and he has a short memory and just keeps throwing. Sometimes QBs like that can correct things quite soon, and sometimes not. Rivers did in their game at SF, and Luck did not in their game at Dallas. The Chargers win in OT, the Colts were never in the game.

Last edited:

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, to be honest, the Colts didn't exactly have much to play for. I mean, who fakes a punt from their own 19?

Top Bottom