• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

July 31st, 2017 - Tick Tock...

Will Elio scrounge up $25 million by July 31st, 2017?

• Yes

Votes: 13 28.9%
  • No

Votes: 24 53.3%
  • Don't Care

Votes: 8 17.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

voyager

Elio Addict
Reaction score
images
images
images

Last edited:

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've been watching hours of the house debating on amendments attached to 12 appropriation bills today/tonight.
One of which has to do with energy and water.

I'm pretty sure I heard the republican head of the subcommittee on energy and water specifically say...
That there is an attachment to one of these bills that eliminates funding to the ATVM loan guarantee program.

And... It looks like that particular bill has a good chance passing with the attachment intact.

Can anyone confirm or deny this?

airforceguy6

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've been watching hours of the house debating on amendments attached to 12 appropriation bills today/tonight.
One of which has to do with energy and water.

I'm pretty sure I heard the republican head of the subcommittee on energy and water specifically say...
That there is an attachment to one of these bills that eliminates funding to the ATVM loan guarantee program.

And... It looks like that particular bill has a good chance passing with the attachment intact.

Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Nothing on the Googles within the last week to confirm this. So nothing yet

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They are made by a SAIC-GM partnership.

The article says something about "air filtering" being available on the premium varient. Hmmm.

Here's an eye-popping ICE crossover starting at $7951 USD by the same SAIC-GM partnership.
http://gmauthority.com/blog/2017/02/baojun-510-launches-in-chinas-hot-crossover-market/

gmauthority.com_blog_wp_content_uploads_2017_02_2017_Baojun_510_exterior_006_720x340.jpeg

The price in USD is the equivalent of what the vehicle costs in China.
Of course that does not mean they will be sold in the US for that price. The US has much more stringent safety standards it must meet.
Perhaps this is a practice run for a very similar vehicle targeted for the US.

The Nano is suppose to sell a vehicle in Europe meeting Europe's safety standards.
"It may not be a hit in India, but that sorry fact is not going to stop Tata from barreling forward with plans to import the world's cheapest car, the Nano, into the U.S.
A new, no-frills Nano will come to the U.S. within three years, Tata boss Ratan Tata tells "
https://www.usatoday.com/story/driveon/2012/10/15/tata-nano-ratan/1633903/

Top Bottom