• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

July 31st, 2017 - Tick Tock...

Will Elio scrounge up $25 million by July 31st, 2017?

• Yes

Votes: 13 28.9%
  • No

Votes: 24 53.3%
  • Don't Care

Votes: 8 17.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Obviously. Keep in mind it's already essentially a GM product.
And the Elio was supposed to have been in production in 2014.
I'll believe it about the Nano when I see it.
You won't have to wait... That article was from 2012. To have made it to the US "within three years", he would have had to be here 2 years ago!

KD

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This has crossed my mind in the last day, or 2 pehaps.

We would seem to be exceedingly close to an announcement, 1 way or the other, about information regarding the Elio. As to whether has cash to proceed, or they would have to shutter the operation altogether.

My question is, how does an announcement either way get put out. Is it in the form of a generic press release, do shareholders get notified first, or...

I suspect there are knowledgeable folks on this forum that are in the know to how this kind of information would be disseminated.

Thanks to your insights, in adavance!

voyager

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Shareholders would not be notified of anything first. Any announcement would be released as public information. I don't have the slightest clue if it will be positive or negative.

I will be a "circumstances force us..." kind of announcement, I guess.
What's maybe tell-taling, is that Elio never succeeded in attracting a full partner or investor from the automotive world. Lucid Motors reportedly sold its assets to Ford.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This has crossed my mind in the last day, or 2 pehaps.

We would seem to be exceedingly close to an announcement, 1 way or the other, about information regarding the Elio. As to whether has cash to proceed, or they would have to shutter the operation altogether.

My question is, how does an announcement either way get put out. Is it in the form of a generic press release, do shareholders get notified first, or...

I suspect there are knowledgeable folks on this forum that are in the know to how this kind of information would be disseminated.

Thanks to your insights, in adavance!
I suspect Paul Elio would prefer to inform us (reservationists and stock holders) first, but that may be considered insider information which would be illegal.

What they can do is have a public announcement. Then within minutes, email reservationists and stock holders the same information.

Disclaimer: I am by no means a knowledgeable person about these subjects --- just speculation.

Doug McDow

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I suspect Paul Elio would prefer to inform us (reservationists and stock holders) first, but that may be considered insider information which would be illegal.

What they can do is have a public announcement. Then within minutes, email reservationists and stock holders the same information.

Disclaimer: I am by no means a knowledgeable person about these subjects --- just speculation.
They can not notify us first, they could send us emails at the same time as they make it public! I think :horn::horn::horn:

Lawrence G.

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
All I've seen are blog updates, no news, count hasn't been updated, etc. Top management spent all the money, on them first. Elio is 2nd.

We hoped, some tried, others just did. Nice idea, poor follow through. Money had to go somewhere, I don't know.

Top Bottom