• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

July 31st, 2017 - Tick Tock...

Will Elio scrounge up $25 million by July 31st, 2017?

• Yes

Votes: 13 28.9%
  • No

Votes: 24 53.3%
  • Don't Care

Votes: 8 17.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Given EMs record of setting goals, dates and reservation numbers, and missing them, or turns out didn't mean what we thought they ment.
Why are we surprised?

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have wondered, but not enough to look it up. Do you know how many shares were issued and how many are owned by Paul?
If I am reading their 1K/A filing correctly (but I'm probably not, because they use funny math), Paul Elio and Stuart Lichter between together own about 86% of all outstanding shares. They are the only two that own more than 5% of the outstanding shares. Kenneth Way and James Holden together own another 1.2%.

raptor213

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Anticipation is palpable for this week's blog postings on Wednesday and Friday night.

Part of me wishes there will be hard, raw, crucial, meaningful news concerning funding, production, expected/anticipated customer delivery forecast, and overall corporate fiscal standing of Elio Motors.

The other part of me is expecting a meaningless canned blog post about some irrelevant topic (more design changes incorporated into the E1c that we already knew about, or more humble bragging about autocycle legislation or motorcycle endorsement and helmet laws, or questions answered from a recent blog post about more cushioning in the passenger seat or more headroom being made available).

Honestly, I'm really not holding my breath on any significant funding or production news via their dormant social media accounts or bland blog posts. Their Facebook page hasn't even had a new posting since May. Their last notable press release was from early April concerning a signed agreement with AISIN to manufacture the transmissions.

I'm just waiting for the automated email notification as an ELIO investor news subscriber that there's been a new document filed with the SEC. I believe that's the only way we're going to receive anything substantial from Elio Motors at this point.

... That's how we learned of the July 31st deadline to raise $25 million dollars.

... That's how we learned about the deferment/forbearance agreement inked with RACER Trust that culminates in regular monthly installment payments resuming this month (August 2017) of an amount that Elio Motors cannot presumably afford to cough up the liquidated cash flow for even one on-time payment.

... That's how we learned of the 76-week time-to-production ramp-up schedule that was premised upon attaining a minimum of $33 million to resume testing and finalize design changes. If you count backwards from 12/31/2018, in order to be still publicly targeting customer deliveries to occur in 2018, that timeline would have had to have been ignited no later than 7/17/17, which has unfortunately already come and gone without any fanfare.

I'm not a troll or pessimist, just a realist. Believe it or not, I still hold out hope.

... The notable Woodward Dream Cruise enthusiast event is in 2-3 weeks and I hope Elio Motors has a presence. They have been for the past few years, and the cost overhead for participation in such an event is far and below the cost of entry into the L.A. Auto Show or North American Int'l Auto Show in Detroit each year. The travel costs, assuming the E1c and a few remaining Elio employees are still in the Metro Detroit area, are minimal. There is no formal speech to prepare or stage to decorate or floor area to pay to reserve. All they need is to place a few phone calls to find a business willing to allow them to setup camp with a static display in their parking lot along the parade route, as has happened in past years. Marketing cost is also negligible; we're all aware how the Elio vehicle tends to draw interest and attention all on its own. It just needs public visibility at the curbside and people will naturally flock to it.

... At the Annual Shareholders Meeting in Phoenix, a few key decisions and changes were made. The State of Incorporation was moved from Arizona to Delaware for more favorable treatment under corporate structuring and tax code laws. Steps were taken to pursue getting ELIO stock trading on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE). There haven't been any public notices concerning any new developments in this arena.

... After meeting with a number of Caddo Parish (Shreveport) commissioners under non-disclosure agreement, obviously nothing has leaked concerning details about what was said behind those closed-door meetings, for good reason. But I find it reassuring that after the meetings were held, attempts by the local Parish government officials to insult, downplay, ridicule, chastise, obfuscate, or otherwise hamstring the Elio Motors endeavor to bring vehicle production and jobs to the GM plant have all but seized. It's been mostly silence since Paul Elio and company invited representatives to sit down and hear him out. Whatever they heard was convincing or Earth-shattering enough to warrant their legislative body taking a more favorable position towards Elio Motors rather than sinking their teeth in further.

[Caveat: I totally discount the fines assessed on Elio Motors by the statewide Louisiana Motor Vehicle Commission in making my above remarks, since that's an entirely different legislative/executive governmental body with a broader focus and wider jurisdiction than that of the Caddo Parish commissioners whom Paul and company have worked so diligently to establish working relationships with.]

But, as they say, time will tell...

Donnyboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's been mostly silence since Paul Elio and company invited representatives to sit down and hear him out.

Very good post Raptor. I know we haven't had anything meaningful since the April news story about AISIN. But it does seem something positive could be in the works. Stuart Lichter buying more shares in May is another reason to remain hopeful. If Elio wasn't publicly traded we would know a ton more, but they can't tell us everything anymore.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm still really surprised that they (EM) got them (Counsel ) to agree to the terms.
They had to be curious, just as we are; but if they wanted to know, they had to play along.
It must be something, and I think that's what has us all wondering what was said.
Oh the plot thickens, but it had to be good.
I truly hope they have something that will surprise us all.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm still really surprised that they (EM) got them (Counsel ) to agree to the terms.
They had to be curious, just as we are; but if they wanted to know, they had to play along.
It must be something, and I think that's what has us all wondering what was said.
Oh the plot thickens, but it had to be good.
I truly hope they have something that will surprise us all.
I hate to say this, but what alternative does the Council have if they don't agree to the terms?

Top Bottom