• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

July 31st, 2017 - Tick Tock...

Will Elio scrounge up $25 million by July 31st, 2017?

• Yes

Votes: 13 28.9%
  • No

Votes: 24 53.3%
  • Don't Care

Votes: 8 17.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

acentre

Elio Addict
Reaction score
" It's going to be really hard to look viable after 31 July. "

Unless there are some more reservations from the unenlightened or a White Knight Investor.

I'm confident that my $500.00 was wasted and even if someone else picks up the scraps, they will not honor any pricing or reservation bonus promised.
$1000 wasted. Elio should have followed the Electrameccanica Solo model, low volume, higher cost, less touting the benefits of MPG and jobs.

slinches

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That approach is a non-starter for the type of vehicle they wanted to build. Who in their right mind would pay $16k or more for an Elio when you can get a four door compact car for less (or a Solo or SRK or ...)? The only way the low volume approach is profitable is if they built a high performance or luxury 3-wheeler and that would end up competing directly against Morgan and/or Polaris along with the several others. I just don't see a feasible path that way, at least not one that will reach the goal of producing a low cost commuter trike in the next decade.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"Who in their right mind would pay $16k or more for an Elio when...." Although my ex would agree with you, I'd love to spend 16k (I've spent more on bikes) to secure an enclosed 3 wheel autocycle, with auto and air. These old bones would love it!
Hopefully in the color that shall not be mentioned.

Last edited:

acentre

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"Who in their right mind would pay $16k or more for an Elio when...." Although my ex would agree with you, I'd love to spend 16k (I've spent less on bikes) to secure an enclosed 3 wheel autocycle, with auto and air. These old bones would love it!
Many people purchase motorcycles that sell for over $16K and would have purchase an Elio at that price. I would be one of them. The mass market development seems to not have worked for the Elio.

Doug McDow

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"Who in their right mind would pay $16k or more for an Elio when...." Although my ex would agree with you, I'd love to spend 16k (I've spent less on bikes) to secure an enclosed 3 wheel autocycle, with auto and air. These old bones would love it!
If I had an opeortunity to buy a Elio today,with all my options on it. I would gladly pay $16,000 for it. Oh yes with Turbo. :p:p

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That approach is a non-starter for the type of vehicle they wanted to build. Who in their right mind would pay $16k or more for an Elio when you can get a four door compact car for less (or a Solo or SRK or ...)? The only way the low volume approach is profitable is if they built a high performance or luxury 3-wheeler and that would end up competing directly against Morgan and/or Polaris along with the several others. I just don't see a feasible path that way, at least not one that will reach the goal of producing a low cost commuter trike in the next decade.
You've got a point there slinches. I thought the Tanom Invader was absolutely the top sheet but they seem to have fallen off of the map.
None of their 4 purported "dealers" list anything about Tanom anywhere on their web sites. Not even the one directly across from the factory.
Absolutely great hi-velocity machine (even Sammy Hagar and Jay Leno thought so). Topped the T-Rex and made the slingshot look like a vespa.
But evidently was too expensive @ approximately $60k or so. They still have a website up, but then the Cree Sam (or whoever bought them) do too.
I've not been able to find another single sign of life. It's a crying shame. But it's probably a good thing for anyone who bought one - Say "collector's item".

Last edited:

Karg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If Elio had an ounce of integrity left they would either build just enough for the "all in" reservations holders, or refund all deposits.
They will no doubt do neither. The problem that have no assets and plenty of liabilities. They need to auction their design to the highest bidder and/or hope "someone" will buy their debt.

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's both. The low entry fee is a huge draw for folks who just need transportation. The ability to have optional stuff is a huge draw to folks who like that kind of stuff.
The Nissan versa is advertised with a low cost for the base model, the thing is, not many dealers have any base models on the lot. Do dealers still do special orders? If they do, how long does that take?

Top Bottom