• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

July 31st, 2017 - Tick Tock...

Will Elio scrounge up $25 million by July 31st, 2017?

• Yes

Votes: 13 28.9%
  • No

Votes: 24 53.3%
  • Don't Care

Votes: 8 17.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If Elio had an ounce of integrity left they would either build just enough for the "all in" reservations holders, or refund all deposits.
They will no doubt do neither. The problem that have no assets and plenty of liabilities. They need to auction their design to the highest bidder and/or hope "someone" will buy their debt.
Even with the 123 million in debt, Elio is still a good deal. The assets are the production ready Elio, the Shreveport Plant lease, the autocycle laws changed. These 3 things mean with a production loan, it can be made, Big Time. If you were to add 376 + 123 = 499 million, it is about what it costs any car company to come out with a new model. 1/2 a billion is still a bargain to get Elio's on the road.
http://www.ien.com/product-development/video/20860197/elio-motors-falls-deeper-in-debt

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's both. The low entry fee is a huge draw for folks who just need transportation. The ability to have optional stuff is a huge draw to folks who like that kind of stuff.
The Nissan versa is advertised with a low cost for the base model, the thing is, not many dealers have any base models on the lot. Do dealers still do special orders? If they do, how long does that take?

We special ordered our Toyota Venza since there were none in the country with the exact color and options we wanted. They tried to push vehicles that were close, but we stuck with our list of wants. It took about three months from placing the order to get it in our driveway, but it was exactly the one we wanted.

So I assume if you are willing to pay MSRP and wait a few months, you should be able to special order a stripper model.

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Even with the 123 million in debt, Elio is still a good deal. The assets are the production ready Elio, the Shreveport Plant lease, the autocycle laws changed. These 3 things mean with a production loan, it can be made, Big Time. If you were to add 376 + 123 = 499 million, it is about what it costs any car company to come out with a new model. 1/2 a billion is still a bargain to get Elio's on the road.
http://www.ien.com/product-development/video/20860197/elio-motors-falls-deeper-in-debt

Booboo, I wish I had 10 percent of your positive vibe but two of those three things aren't exclusive to Elio, and the third is of negligible worth (not to mention, very expensive).

Lease, or not, EM was only slated to use a third of the Shreveport facility, so the rest is likely even more available. Heck, Caddo Parish may be shooting themselves in the foot anyhow and run any potential leases off. There's not a line of renters clamoring to get in there.

The new autocycle laws would apply to any and all autocycles, not just Elio.

The production ready vehicle doesn't completely exist: the body and frame could be easily reverse engineered and even possibly improved upon. The new proprietory engine never really was finished, tested, or marketed. One contender was an off the shelf engine that by most accounts was more than suitable: if the new manufacturer didn't have to dangle and chase the (maybe puffed up) ATVM carrot, specific and difficult mileage reguirements don't have to be met.

Looks like all EM would have is debt and 'good will' It looks to me that there are about 30 people worldwide that are eager to keep waving the EM flag, and how many of them are just hoping and praying they just don't lose their hard earned money?

I hope to see a three wheeled covered tadpole but Elio just may have nothing to do with it when it does happen. This fledgling industry doesn't need another Dale either to blemish it. 'Good will' and 'damage control' are often separated by a very fine line.

Except for 5 prototypes (in various stages of obsolescence and incompleteness) and a cool trailer, Elio Motors can fit in a briefcase (or today, a thumbdrive).

Last edited:

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Comrades, I'm sorry to say that I've lost faith in Elio Motors. I sold my 50 shares for a 50% loss. I'm still keeping my eyes on Elio's progress, of course. I'll jump right back in if I see any improvement.
You're not alone, I wish you all the best, we each make our own decisions. Me?, leaving it- either -it'll happen, or I've made a contribution towards the development of a practical 3 wheel vehicle in the future. It's been a fun "ride", I hope it doesn't run out of gas.

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Nissan versa is advertised with a low cost for the base model, the thing is, not many dealers have any base models on the lot. Do dealers still do special orders? If they do, how long does that take?
You can factory order a new car. There are restrictions on when you can do it, as the factory model years don't line up with calendar years. And there are down times for line switch and set and the rate of production. up between model years. And you will have to wait. The amount of time is highly variable depending on the number of orders ahead of you. I know someone who ordered a Sunfire because they wanted a specific combination of interior/exterior color. They had to wait about 6 weeks, which wasn't too bad.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"Who in their right mind would pay $16k or more for an Elio when...." Although my ex would agree with you, I'd love to spend 16k (I've spent more on bikes) to secure an enclosed 3 wheel autocycle, with auto and air. These old bones would love it!
Hopefully in the color that shall not be mentioned.
That's right...and why even compare it to a 4 wheeler....exotic or not, it's a unique 3wheeler we want so if it can be produced at that price, I say bring it on! :D

Top Bottom