• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Just Got Email Form Elio Asking For More Money To Move Up In Line

Pschencker

Elio Fan
Reaction score
ago.eliomotors.com_hs_fs_hub_358290_file_2497905731_jpg_black_494cb24dc5a8a519c162d7dfd5be2630.jpg

Hello Paul,

Upgrade today from $100 to $500 All In and you could move up in the line as much as 21,000 spots!

Yep, simply adding the next upgrade to your existing $100 All In shoots you up the list ahead of the other $100 All In reservation holders as well as every $250 All In reservation holder.

So let's do it! Click the button below and move ahead of up to half of all reservation holders! The sooner you make your upgrade, the higher in line you will be!

Upgrade your reservation today, your funding support will:

• Secure a higher place in line for a new Elio
  • Help bring back over 1,500 American manufacturing jobs as well as 18,000 supporting positions across the US
  • Make an impact on our environment
  • Help lessen our dependence on foreign oil
Make an upgrade and make a difference today.

The Elio Team

55a&pid=358290&ecid=ACsprvtkHFp8LVwNKYOh5yeghq1yj44b5-z2mjohmm_k_t2CMgVZrHgvjThN3DitY0HXhioyndDB.png

facebook-24x24.png linkedin-24x24.png twitter-24x24.png googleplus-24x24.png

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Why is trying to raise more money wrong? They have stated that funding is the issue, so trying to raise more money to fund production seems like a normal step.

makes sense to me .... they report working on several fronts to raise money .... we've had a good number of post where members are asking if they can put in more that $1000 .... that still doesn't appear to be an option but having folks with less than $1000 upgrade and get the 50% bonus could help both the company and the person .... any decision to upgrade or not is still totally up to the individual so I don't see any problem with it .... I do admit to being curious as to how many folks will choose to do so

Pschencker

Elio Fan
Reaction score
My only concern is that some folks might not be following the progress or lack there-of, the production and not truly understand the possible risk involved in putting more money in. If they were a little more candid I would have no problems with the email. And I'm sure the email went to the folks that had higher deposits in as well trying to entice them to move up to.

I have not played leap-frog for years, and don't want to start now---lol

Gas-Powered Awesome

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have no problem with the email. It's marketing to those who have already shown strong interest. That's smart.

If people upgrade their reservation and do "not truly understand the possible risk involved in putting more money in", then that's on them for not reading and understanding the contract they are agreeing to. Nobody should spend money on a reservation if they don't understand is it 100% a gamble with absolutely nothing guaranteed.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
in thinking about this line from the email :

"Upgrade today from $100 to $500 All In and you could move up in the line as much as 21,000 spots!"

if I read this correctly .... with something over 40,000 total reservations, if moving up from $100 to $500 All In can move someone up as much as 21,000 reservations would seem to indicate that something just under half of the current All In reservations are for $100 .... if around half, say 10,000 of them spend $400 to upgrade, that would pump $4,000,000 into the company .... to me that would be well worth their effort

Past Fanatic

Elio Addict
Reaction score
$4,000,000 is a long way from the $230 million needed for PRODUCTION; all this will do is provide them with more 'operating capital' to pay salaries and travel. If they said it would go toward building AT LEAST ONE "E" Series TEST vehicle..... I would be all for it..... BUT they don't.

BaldGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Actually, I wanted to start a new thread saying "If you was to reserve today, would you reserve at a lower or higher level or stay at the level you reserved at".

I made my reservation (All in 100 dollars) on 7-23-14, and if I didn't already do it, I would do the same thing today. From what I seen so far (the progress and sometimes lack of it), I would feel comfortable with the same 100, and no more. I would also still pick the "All In", as I wanted the shirt/sticker and the better place in line.

Be interesting to hear what other reservationist feel on the subject.

Past Fanatic

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I went 'All-In' in July 2013. My original plan was to do $100, then when the Shreveport Plant was 'secured', upgrade to $250. Then after they produced the "E" Series, 'tested' them and "Finalized" their design...... up to $500. Lastly, after they started hiring and training factory workers,..... I was going to the $1,000 level. Great 'plan';....... but when they announced that they were going to have a 'Coming Out Party' with factory tours for the first 1,000 owners..... they had me, $1,000..... and I only had to 'wait' until Jun/Jul 2014! I should have 'kept with the plan'! Since then, as a $1,000 long time customer, I was [BLOCKED] on their FaceBook page for asking questions about 'financing' and 'progress'! NOW, if I had it all to do over again...... not a single DOLLAR to Elio Motors.... until the FIRST one rolls off the assembly line!

Top Bottom