• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Just Got Email Form Elio Asking For More Money To Move Up In Line

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Actually, I wanted to start a new thread saying "If you was to reserve today, would you reserve at a lower or higher level or stay at the level you reserved at".

good question .... we still believe that EM will get into production and we still don't know when .... for those reasons we would do the same thing for the same reason .... we would make an All In reservation to get on the list .... once the production date is announced we would factor in when we would want ours produced and adjust the reservation accordingly .... we travel in our camper about 6 months a year, spending the summer and winter on the road .... in the spring and fall we are usually home .... it would best meet our needs to be able to pickup our Elio during a period of time that we are home .... because we do believe they will go into production, we have never considered a Want In reservation .... now, that's just us and we do respect the way others feel

CompTrex

Elio Addict
JEBar has DELETED 5 of my post to this topic this morning.
He's not blocking your truth or your opinion. He blocking your attitude.
I personally disagree with all the blocking, but I do understand it and respect their decision to do so.
I post lots of 'truth' and opinions on here and I have only been deleted once, and I believe that was because you and I got into it! :D
He's trying to prevent this from happening in the future.

Pschencker

Elio Fan
Any Lawyers in the house? So i was looking at the ' Refundable deposit" that Elio offers and the terms of the agreement. When I brought the item to my cart, part of the agreement read"""" YOU UNDERSTAND THAT ELIO MOTORS, INC., MAY NOT HAVE COMPLETED THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE VEHICLE OR BEGUN MANUFACTURING THE VEHICLE AT THE TIME OF YOUR RESERVATION. WE WILL HOLD YOUR RESERVATION PAYMENT SEPARATELY IN AN ESCROW OR TRUST FUND BUT WILL NOT PAY ANY INTEREST ON RESERVATION PAYMENTS, EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT REQUIRED BY LAW. """""

As I read through the entire agreement, I didn't see anywhere how to start the process of getting a refund? I was also wondering if these "refundable deposits' were 100% refundable and not at risk at all, are they just sitting in a escrow account and not being put to use.

Has anyone had an experience with this type of deposit.

John Painter

Elio Addict
Any Lawyers in the house? So i was looking at the ' Refundable deposit" that Elio offers and the terms of the agreement. When I brought the item to my cart, part of the agreement read"""" YOU UNDERSTAND THAT ELIO MOTORS, INC., MAY NOT HAVE COMPLETED THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE VEHICLE OR BEGUN MANUFACTURING THE VEHICLE AT THE TIME OF YOUR RESERVATION. WE WILL HOLD YOUR RESERVATION PAYMENT SEPARATELY IN AN ESCROW OR TRUST FUND BUT WILL NOT PAY ANY INTEREST ON RESERVATION PAYMENTS, EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT REQUIRED BY LAW. """""

As I read through the entire agreement, I didn't see anywhere how to start the process of getting a refund? I was also wondering if these "refundable deposits' were 100% refundable and not at risk at all, are they just sitting in a escrow account and not being put to use.

You would need to email Elio Motors to request your refund.

John Painter

Elio Addict
Imagine if this company waited to get a government loan to build an assembly plant and go into production......

View attachment 5707
"Harley-Davidson
A humble birthplace for an extraordinary legend: The first production Harley-Davidson motorcycle was built in a 10x15 foot wooden shed. | Harley-Davidson 1901"
Imagine if that company had to jump through all the FTC, EPA, SEC and all the other regulatory hoops of today.

Past Fanatic

Elio Addict

When I asked on the Elio Motors' FaceBook page; "which established Financial Institution is in charge of your "Refundable Escrow Account" (over a year ago), they DID NOT ANSWER, [Deleted] my post, and "BLOCKED" me! I have heard/read that several have asked and received a 'refund'.

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
When I asked on the Elio Motors' FaceBook page; "which established Financial Institution is in charge of your "Refundable Escrow Account" (over a year ago), they DID NOT ANSWER, [Deleted] my post, and "BLOCKED" me! I have heard/read that several have asked and received a 'refund'.
Don't email them, write them a formal letter, requesting your deposit back, with a return receipt of delivery. I would safely guess they have gotten many requests over the last several months with the delay in production and admittance of lack of funding. You are entering the legal world and at this point you don't need a lawyer. Write the letter, give them 15-30 days to respond ( from date of receipt ) and don't get nasty in your letter ( it may very well wind up in court and you don't want to look like an a$$ to the judge ). A simple request for the return of your deposit is all that's needed. You can add a reason, such as, a delay in production has resulted in your need to find an alternative to your vehicular needs. Not until they refuse to return your deposit, will you need a lawyer.

Personally I'm $1000 "All In" on 2 and will just wait it out. My personal wish is, if they fail to get the needed funding, Paul will let go of his need to be soul owner and seek a partner(s) with big bucks. Better to swallow your pride, than watch your dream ( as well as ours ) collapse at your feet! IMHO :)

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Imagine if this company waited to get a government loan to build an assembly plant and go into production......

View attachment 5707
"Harley-Davidson
A humble birthplace for an extraordinary legend: The first production Harley-Davidson motorcycle was built in a 10x15 foot wooden shed. | Harley-Davidson 1901"

Good point Hog.

Some interesting points found on the Wikipedia article for Harley-Davidson:
  • The Great Depression hit. In 1934, H-D designed and built the Servi-Car, a 3-wheeled vehicle. Production lasted into the 70's.
  • Also, to survive that tough time, they built industrial power plants based on their motorcycle engines.
  • H-D, and one other motorcycle manufacturer, survived the Depression.
  • In 1969, American Machine and Foundry bought H-D, and nearly killed it. AMF sold it in 1981.
  • The stock ticker symbol for Harley-Davidson since 2006? HOG.
  • H-D went through a tough time in '08-'09, as did many companies, and laid off 25% of its employees.

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Like about 14,000 others I am in for $1000. Kissed that good by some time back. No big deal but I sure as heck would not send them anymore.
The fist $1000 was a risk wish anymore would be foolish there is a difference.

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Like about 14,000 others I am in for $1000. Kissed that good by some time back. No big deal but I sure as heck would not send them anymore.
The fist $1000 was a risk wish anymore would be foolish there is a difference.
Smithy I agree, we would not have gone all in had we known there was no financing and the production was to be delayed again. We went in on the assumption, production would be this year (2015). Now just hoping production starts SOMEDAY!;)