• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Just Reserved

BiloxiGeek

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My plan:

Buddy flies me from Gulfport to Shreveport in his RV-8, about a two hour flight. We both get a tour of the production line, I get to watch my Elio roll off the line. We head for the admin office to do the paperwork. I get the keys, paperwork and a temporary tag. I get my buddy back to the airport and he flies home while I make the drive home in my Elio.

Might have to split that across two days, it's just a rough draft of my plan so far.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My plan:

Buddy flies me from Gulfport to Shreveport in his RV-8, about a two hour flight. We both get a tour of the production line, I get to watch my Elio roll off the line. We head for the admin office to do the paperwork. I get the keys, paperwork and a temporary tag. I get my buddy back to the airport and he flies home while I make the drive home in my Elio.

Might have to split that across two days, it's just a rough draft of my plan so far.
i see absolutely no downside!! Just a comment, I really can't see how the timing will work to see "your" unit being made.

BiloxiGeek

Elio Addict
Reaction score
i see absolutely no downside!! Just a comment, I really can't see how the timing will work to see "your" unit being made.
Once they get into production they should be able to predict within a day to two of when #17471 is gonna roll down the line. It'll be tricky for sure but not impossible. I did get a response from Elio that they are considering setting up something for reservationists who would like to pick up their cars at the Shreveport plant. Even if mine is already built and waiting I still want to tour the plant and watch the production line running.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Once they get into production they should be able to predict within a day to two of when #17471 is gonna roll down the line. It'll be tricky for sure but not impossible. I did get a response from Elio that they are considering setting up something for reservationists who would like to pick up their cars at the Shreveport plant. Even if mine is already built and waiting I still want to tour the plant and watch the production line running.
Yep - also included was supposed to be a test drive before handing over $$.

DailyLunatic

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That will probably be when they figure out what date production will start.

They have however said they will be asking reservation holders their choices on options so they know which to keep and which will have no interest. Then they can drop that option, and bring in something else.
When is this going to happen? They said "soon" and "soon" can be anywhere from next week to 5 months from now or anything in-between (or longer).
I wasn't sure. I see many taglines with descriptions of color, options, etc. Now I know.

-sterling

Top Bottom