• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Kandi K27....

BaldGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I really don't think the K27 would excite many people. I'm fairly easy to impress and it does nothing for me.

Now when Musk unveiled the Cyber Truck, most guys had erections, and many of the girls was obviating.

johnsnownw

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I agree. However, a sleek and stylish EV 4 seater with good performance numbers, range, and safety ratings could rekindle interest. Tesla could have a real winner in that market class. The Model Y is quite the vehicle and will likely become their top seller. Perhaps a Model Y Mini.

I agree, I've always prefered smaller hatchbacks. I don't really get this proclivity for Americans to purchase these relatively large CUVs or Pick-up trucks to drive as commuter vehicles. Makes no sense.

We're waiting on the Model Y 7-seater to see if the 3rd row is actually usable, but we're specifically trying to go from the MX to the MY because I really prefer smaller vehicles. Unfortunately, having three boys that can't leave each other alone for more than 3 seconds makes it exceedingly difficult to find a smaller vehicle that will work for us.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I agree, I've always prefered smaller hatchbacks. I don't really get this proclivity for Americans to purchase these relatively large CUVs or Pick-up trucks to drive as commuter vehicles. Makes no sense.

We're waiting on the Model Y 7-seater to see if the 3rd row is actually usable, but we're specifically trying to go from the MX to the MY because I really prefer smaller vehicles. Unfortunately, having three boys that can't leave each other alone for more than 3 seconds makes it exceedingly difficult to find a smaller vehicle that will work for us.
You are going to like the MY. The most driver comfort and best performance & handling I’ve experienced in any vehicle. The third row will likely be comfortable, and very functional to separate your 3 boys. :)

Last edited:

Hog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"I don't really get this proclivity for Americans to purchase these relatively large CUVs or Pick-up trucks to drive as commuter vehicles. Makes no sense."

Really due to preferred tax advantages of diesel being considered an "energy saver". Most of those pickups are diesels. Few smaller cars here are diesel. The other perception is that "bigger is safer", which was certainly true in the past, maybe not as much now. Lastly, as cars (and trucks) become more expensive, one vehicle has to be "all purpose", hence the shortbed dual cab models.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, after a long silence, it looks like EMV is still determined to deliver this year! It's been no news on their China assembly plant, no new pictures of that facility churning out SOLOs and all of a sudden this news. It remains to be seen how many units will actually be delivered to "individual" reservation holders and not to companies like they did before. This is THE production final version with A/C, back up camera, center front light, power steering, etc. The SOLO is definitely a "WANT" 3wheeler. It's also questionable at this point how fast EMV can fulfill those eager reservation holders (me included) and what future lies ahead if demand for this single seater will remain strong.

Consumer
ElectraMeccanica's electric vehicle SOLO enters production
Aug. 24, 2020 8:58 AM ET|About: Electrameccanica Vehicle... (SOLO)|By: Shweta Agarwal, SA News Editor

ElectraMeccanica Vehicles (NASDAQ:SOLO) is to begin production of its electric three-wheeled vehicle SOLO from Aug. 26.

SOLO is an engineered electric vehicle for a single occupant and is already available for pre-orders on the company's website.

In collaboration with manufacturing partner Zongshen in China, ElectraMeccanica plans to ship fully-assembled vehicles by late November/early December.

Initial deliveries will begin in three locations - Southern California, Scottsdale and Portland. Additional deliveries will be made to key markets along the West Coast.

Stock up 10% PM.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, after a long silence, it looks like EMV is still determined to deliver this year! It's been no news on their China assembly plant, no new pictures of that facility churning out SOLOs and all of a sudden this news. It remains to be seen how many units will actually be delivered to "individual" reservation holders and not to companies like they did before. This is THE production final version with A/C, back up camera, center front light, power steering, etc. The SOLO is definitely a "WANT" 3wheeler. It's also questionable at this point how fast EMV can fulfill those eager reservation holders (me included) and what future lies ahead if demand for this single seater will remain strong.

Consumer
ElectraMeccanica's electric vehicle SOLO enters production
Aug. 24, 2020 8:58 AM ET|About: Electrameccanica Vehicle... (SOLO)|By: Shweta Agarwal, SA News Editor

ElectraMeccanica Vehicles (NASDAQ:SOLO) is to begin production of its electric three-wheeled vehicle SOLO from Aug. 26.

SOLO is an engineered electric vehicle for a single occupant and is already available for pre-orders on the company's website.

In collaboration with manufacturing partner Zongshen in China, ElectraMeccanica plans to ship fully-assembled vehicles by late November/early December.

Initial deliveries will begin in three locations - Southern California, Scottsdale and Portland. Additional deliveries will be made to key markets along the West Coast.

Stock up 10% PM.
Good news indeed! Let us know when you experience a test drive and place your official order.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Good news indeed! Let us know when you experience a test drive and place your official order.
I'm #556 so too early to get excited yet. Let's see how this new info. plays out. We need new videos and pictures from their China plant rolling out SOLOs.

Top Bottom