• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

L.a. Auto Show 2016

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Floydv:
The header is probably not the production unit. It looks like the one used in the "Engine Run". It still has the bungs for the EGT and AFR monitoring.
I can't imagine they will be in the final design. Expensive to reproduce.
I don't now the diameter of the pipes, but they look big enough (AREA) for good gas/exhaust flow.
At least they included a "Heat Shield" around the radiator overflow? tank. Also looks like a closed system.

I could be wrong, but I think floydv was referring to the pic looking down at the suspension on the black Elio. You can see the exhaust make an abrupt 90 deg. turn to go back into the exhaust fairing. I kind of looked like part of the suspension when I first looked at it. Went back for a second look after Floydv mentioned the tight exhaust turn.

DeltaMike

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Didn't know that Briggs Automotive was a "big boy". They were also in the hall, but much better visiblity. You couldn't avoid walking past it between the two major display halls. I inquired with Elio about the spot, but unlike other inquiries with them, they opted not to comment.
Not certain which Briggs, but perhaps I should have said long-time companies. Like Coss said, space is cost, but also prime location is cost. But what I had learned is that the long-timers (big boys, as I termed it) actually buy out the good spots years ahead so newbies cannot get those at any price. I cannot say this is true of Elio but I do recall many followers of Elio not long ago complained they were not represented at the big car shows and only hung out at malls. Elio explained those were free venues (for enthusiasts, too) which speaks to their fiscal conservatism in those early years. So, looking at the cup half full, I'm just glad they can be at the show.

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
.... I inquired with Elio about the spot, but unlike other inquiries with them, they opted not to comment.
No matter how you look at it, a reply to your inquiry, puts them in a "no win situation."
I am going to make a (somewhat) educated guess...the space that they had, probably cost them more than $10k.....and you want them to be "inside"?!? How much do you think the "bid boys" pay for their "PRIME" spaces? I'm sure you have heard, "the three most important factors in advertising are... LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION". Whatever EM spent, add a zero. And I think I am guessing low.

Then we could all be talking about EMs wasteful spending habits.

Top Bottom