• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

L.a. Auto Show...gimme Input

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, I'm pretty new to these forums (less than a week) and have only known about the existence of the Elio for a couple days longer. But I haven't been this excited about something in a long time. In the last week and a half I have probably digested more information on the Elio than most competition eaters do hotdogs. Anyway that brings me to the point of this post.

I have talked to my better half (trust me she is sooo much better) and she has agreed to let me take the family to the L.A. Auto Show. Since it is only 20mi from my house it wasn't too hard of a sell. We have decided to probably go on that Friday after Thanksgiving. This brings me to a couple of questions. 1) Having never been to an auto show or seen the Elio team, do you think I will be able to sit in the car and ask a TON of questions? Will the presence still be strong on the public days instead of the media days? 2) May I have permission to claim representation of this forum? I would like to think they would be more receptive to someone from a strong, well known collection of Elio lovers. And finally 3) What would you all like me to ask? I will be checking on this thread and compiling a list of questions to ask. I will try to ask as many as I can and they will field, but want to know what you all would like to know. Please keep the feel of the forum going and give me both topical and fun questions, as this place seems to do well.
Thank you all and I hope to hear from many of you.
BTW... yes I will ask about the yellow. How can you not do yellow?:rolleyes:
Yo' Karnaj

Another member came up with a question for you to ask; to be honest, I don't remember anyone asking about this before, so the answer will be a first.

"Will Elios have a keyed ignition or the new style key fob for the ignition (the push button start)"?

Karnaj

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yah I saw that and have it added to my physical list. Have kind of fallen on this thread but planned on resurrecting it soon. I guess I should call you Frankenstein Coss. Will update with my physical list this weekend. Please keep adding any other questions you've seen in other places on this forum. I can't be everywhere, despite what I tell my teenage daughter.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Yah I saw that and have it added to my physical list. Have kind of fallen on this thread but planned on resurrecting it soon. I guess I should call you Frankenstein Coss. Will update with my physical list this weekend. Please keep adding any other questions you've seen in other places on this forum. I can't be everywhere, despite what I tell my teenage daughter.
I'll try; but can't say for sure. I just finished remodeling / refreshing the Master Bath, and I just started today to do the same remodel / refresh on the utility room. I have to really push on this project; Thursday the 19th (yes, we all now that day will be busy) but I'm scheduled for foot surgery at 10:30am.
I've destroyed the joint in my big toe, right foot, so they're going to "fix" <aka fuse> it, and pin the toe next to it to straighten it out. I'm supposed to stay off that foot for a month while it's in a cast; then the next month I'll have a walking cast / boot to wear. They figure 4 months before it's back to "normal" again. So I'm getting as much "big" work done before then.
You know, that Frankenstein Coss might be a fitting tag after the 19th :becky:

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Update 10/14
Questions to ask
1) Does the P5 come with production sound proofing?
2) Does it have OBD-II capabilities and are the limited by EM? If so how?
3) What is the current state of the turbo? Is it in the works? How far along is it?
4) Now knowing that they will use PPC coloring can they give the color specs for any of the colors? (Thank you TY for this knowledge)
5) What are the plans for yellow? Come on there has to be some, you can't upset that many people.
(Apparently, yes they can. No Yellow per TY :sorry:)
6) When will the options list for the Elio be listed? Possible date? (Could answer a lot of customization questions)
7) What are the standard options that are confirmed?
8) Will the owners' manual be physical or PDF? When might we get a sneak peek online?
9) Numbers heard are 19,000 in 90 days. Is that correct? Is that calendar or working days?
10) Are you seeing more new people or established fans of the Elio at the events you are attending?
11) When will the vehicle for handsome pre-order holder #11492 be ready? (Don't worry these numbers aren't indicative of asking sequence Badboy)
12) If there is no belly pan on the P5, will there be an option for it?
13) Will the nose of the vehicle have sensors or body matched impact resistant materials?

Pictures requested
1) Front suspension : how it comes out of the body panel, what the covering looks like
2) Exhaust port : Location (probably get an undershot for clearance if possible too)
3) Interior : With a tape measure for dimensions if possible
4) Dash : specific without Skyz system if possible (no tape measure)
5) Side mirrors : size and are they manual or power

Measurements
1) Height to bottom of license plate both laden and unladen
2) From seat to ceiling in backseat
3) Overall width of front of vehicle (specific to parking between 2 poles, not wheel width)
4) Trunk : Size dimensions, Width of opening
5) Ground clearance : Where is the low point on the vehicle?

General observation
1) Is there a gas cap or not (as Corvette fill spot) (No Gas cap per TY post #92... will check anyway since new model)
2) Are there 2 armrests? Where are they located... part of the seat... part of the door panel... combination of both?
3) Are the turn/ interior/ side marker/ tail(brake) lights incandescent or LED?

Sorry it has taken so long this week. Kids sure do keep you busy but boy are they worth it. Please keep the inquisition coming. The more we come up with the more we may be able to get answered.
I have a question I did not see but I think it is reasonably important. It is relative to if the project happens.

If the ATVM loan were to not come through, are there other committed funds to fall back on to guarantee the Elio will be made. I am not talking about other avenues for funding, I am talking about committed funding.

Paul Elio may talk about avenues of funding, but that is not the same as committed funds.

John-b-gone

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'll try; but can't say for sure. I just finished remodeling / refreshing the Master Bath, and I just started today to do the same remodel / refresh on the utility room. I have to really push on this project; Thursday the 19th (yes, we all now that day will be busy) but I'm scheduled for foot surgery at 10:30am.
I've destroyed the joint in my big toe, right foot, so they're going to "fix" <aka fuse> it, and pin the toe next to it to straighten it out. I'm supposed to stay off that foot for a month while it's in a cast; then the next month I'll have a walking cast / boot to wear. They figure 4 months before it's back to "normal" again. So I'm getting as much "big" work done before then.
I ruptured my Achilles awhile back and was not aloud a walking cast for 6 weeks. What helped me the most were the kind of crutches I used for those 6 weeks. I'll try to describe: they were one vertical shaft with a clip on the top for your forearm (put a rubber band around this clip to keep the crutch on your arm) there is a peg about 12 in down from the clip for a hand grip. Nothing under your armpits. Do your best to find these crutches THEY will change your life, at least for those 4 weeks. Good luck

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I ruptured my Achilles awhile back and was not aloud a walking cast for 6 weeks. What helped me the most were the kind of crutches I used for those 6 weeks. I'll try to describe: they were one vertical shaft with a clip on the top for your forearm (put a rubber band around this clip to keep the crutch on your arm) there is a peg about 12 in down from the clip for a hand grip. Nothing under your armpits. Do your best to find these crutches THEY will change your life, at least for those 4 weeks. Good luck
Were they anything like the Smartcrutch? http://www.smartcrutchusa.com/en/#
image.jpeg
Creamsicle and many other Elio colors.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

OUCH indeed :confused: .... sorry to hear of the pending surgery .... take care and don't make it worse before it gets better

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The press event is on the 19th, but I bet before that or after it the car will be there for you to view. Press day may require press credentials to attend, so if you don't have them you might be disappointed. But you can easily check on that with the show management.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have a question I did not see but I think it is reasonably important. It is relative to if the project happens.

If the ATVM loan were to not come through, are there other committed funds to fall back on to guarantee the Elio will be made. I am not talking about other avenues for funding, I am talking about committed funding.

Paul Elio may talk about avenues of funding, but that is not the same as committed funds.
Great question, but it will not get an answer.

Top Bottom