• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

L.a. Auto Show...gimme Input

imageon

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In my opinion the passenger seat was one of the areas where it was really easy to see how much has changed from the P4 to the P5. The headroom is improved, the seat itself has improved padding making it more comfortable, the larger windows making the space feel more open, and improved arm rest areas which create very good elbow room all work together to make a passenger seat that I can realistically see people occupying comfortably for extended trips. On top of all that the seat back now folds nearly flat to the seat bottom maximizing the available cargo space when the seat is folded down.

I did take several photos of the passenger seat area with and without the seat folded down. These will be posted when I get the photos from Deb.
Thanks G1 for the insight.
Do you know if or when the team will be letting the press drive the vehicle? Will it be during or after the show?
MK

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks G1 for the insight.
Do you know if or when the team will be letting the press drive the vehicle? Will it be during or after the show?
MK

I don't think that is going to happen just yet as the P5 is still a work in progress with engineering and development still ongoing. They told me it was going straight back to Technosports for more work and would not be shown again until the Detroit Auto Show in mid January.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My P5 photos, from the LA Auto Show, have been uploaded to a Facebook photo album for now:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10153784576217269&type=1&l=50245f2659

(This is a public album that does not require a Facebook account for viewing}
Hi, G1. Appreciate your efforts on our behalf, and I'm sure you had a ball.

The shot I found most interesting was the shot of the clutch, brake, and gas pedals. There was nothing between your feet and the inside of the engine compartment -- no firewall of any sort. So maybe they didn't get the P5 quite as finished as they planned? Or maybe it's just a case of prototype-itis and they just hadn't thought of that (or found a good solution).

The next most interesting shot (to me) was the Elgin dash -- why does this car need a speedo registering to 140 mph, or was that kph? (which would only be 86.8 mph, and so not adequate the OTHER direction). It dawns on me that if they recalibrated the dial to read 0 - 110 mph, they might be able to refine it to 5 mph increments and make the damn thing useful. The rest of the dash strikes me as way too bright, making dazzle a real possibility, way to blank (all that brushed metal accomplishing exactly nothing), and way too bland (ditto the brushed metal).

I hope to goodness somebody whacks Paul Elio upside the head and tells him that thing is out of keeping with a forward looking car, ugly, inefficient, and WILL HURT SALES in the long run.

Anyhow, thanks for the reporting and the pix, though I recommend against going into biz as a photographer -- of course I recommend that to ANYBODY these days!

e

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi, G1. Appreciate your efforts on our behalf, and I'm sure you had a ball.

The shot I found most interesting was the shot of the clutch, brake, and gas pedals. There was nothing between your feet and the inside of the engine compartment -- no firewall of any sort. So maybe they didn't get the P5 quite as finished as they planned? Or maybe it's just a case of prototype-itis and they just hadn't thought of that (or found a good solution).

The next most interesting shot (to me) was the Elgin dash -- why does this car need a speedo registering to 140 mph, or was that kph? (which would only be 86.8 mph, and so not adequate the OTHER direction). It dawns on me that if they recalibrated the dial to read 0 - 110 mph, they might be able to refine it to 5 mph increments and make the damn thing useful. The rest of the dash strikes me as way too bright, making dazzle a real possibility, way to blank (all that brushed metal accomplishing exactly nothing), and way too bland (ditto the brushed metal).

I hope to goodness somebody whacks Paul Elio upside the head and tells him that thing is out of keeping with a forward looking car, ugly, inefficient, and WILL HURT SALES in the long run.

Anyhow, thanks for the reporting and the pix, though I recommend against going into biz as a photographer -- of course I recommend that to ANYBODY these days!

e

that sure looks like a firewall to me. Not like you can kick the engine
[Broken External Image]

Top Bottom