• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

L.a. Auto Show...gimme Input

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
https://www.vectorstock.com/royalty-free-vector/skeleton-key-silhouette-vector-727224

Let's see if I can do it this way

This would be old school... with the "E" for Elio
skeleton-key-silhouette-vector-727224.jpg

James Reveal

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
From my limited experience in the aircraft market the prototype is the company's best guess based upon computer models. As one previous writer put it each prototype model will get better. That being said each P5 will be the same design they may have better fit and finish but that is not imperative for crash testing. Crash testing determines if the machine is safe. We will expect the P/E6 or P/E7 to be production representative. I wouldn't want to own any of the first few hundred units off of the production line and marshaling centers, they will be far from what we normally expect. So I wouldn't be surprised that the company will delivery those early units and then replace them at a later date at company expense. My production number is 12435, I believe that I am safe to say, by that point production will be stable.

Jeff Miller

Elio Addict
Reaction score
From my limited experience in the aircraft market the prototype is the company's best guess based upon computer models. As one previous writer put it each prototype model will get better. That being said each P5 will be the same design they may have better fit and finish but that is not imperative for crash testing. Crash testing determines if the machine is safe. We will expect the P/E6 or P/E7 to be production representative. I wouldn't want to own any of the first few hundred units off of the production line and marshaling centers, they will be far from what we normally expect. So I wouldn't be surprised that the company will delivery those early units and then replace them at a later date at company expense. My production number is 12435, I believe that I am safe to say, by that point production will be stable.

I do believe that there will be evolution in the manufacturing line that will lead to slight improvements that could make your 12435 potentially better than the first 100 elios that roll off the line.

However, I recall hearing a tale related by a friend when he said his truck failed a quick line inspection and had to go to rework. He was happy about this because to him it meant that his truck would be inspected with a very fine eye and he felt that meant he would get a better truck because of it. I think the first 100 elios will be something like this; namely lots of inspections such that shy of any actual material changes they will potentially be built more trouble free than the later elios.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I do believe that there will be evolution in the manufacturing line that will lead to slight improvements that could make your 12435 potentially better than the first 100 elios that roll off the line.

However, I recall hearing a tale related by a friend when he said his truck failed a quick line inspection and had to go to rework. He was happy about this because to him it meant that his truck would be inspected with a very fine eye and he felt that meant he would get a better truck because of it. I think the first 100 elios will be something like this; namely lots of inspections such that shy of any actual material changes they will potentially be built more trouble free than the later elios.

Think I remember hearing that the first 125 off the line won't be sold.
Think I heard they will be used for testing.
Anyone else remember hearing that?

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I seem to recall the first 125 units will not be sold but be used for company admin (whatever that means).
First thought that comes to mind; they would be the test drive cars at the marshalling centers / retail stores, the people that have been working answering our emails, marketing, possibly the very first supports and areas like that. Yes, we have all been waiting and feel we deserve to get ours just as soon as they come off the line, but there are people that have been working for EM since the beginning that should get them first.

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
First thought that comes to mind; they would be the test drive cars at the marshalling centers / retail stores, the people that have been working answering our emails, marketing, possibly the very first supports and areas like that. Yes, we have all been waiting and feel we deserve to get ours just as soon as they come off the line, but there are people that have been working for EM since the beginning that should get them first.
And they can also be used as demonstrators for pitching the vehicle to potential fleet operators. It would be quite a coup for Elio to land a fleet sale, even a small fleet.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
And they can also be used as demonstrators for pitching the vehicle to potential fleet operators. It would be quite a coup for Elio to land a fleet sale, even a small fleet.
They already have a couple of fleet sales and they are part of the 48K+ reservations.
EM considers a fleet as 5 or more units to one buyer.
They've also mentioned that they have interest in a large fleet sale overseas (Dubai for one, another in UK) but those are on hold until they work out how they would do international sales; so those are at the bottom of the pile (for now). They are still working on certain parts of this country to get the sales problems worked out.

Top Bottom