• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Leg Room

KN16

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Even with the seat all the way back I fit in back. Your knees can go around the seat. contact with the padding does not = a broken leg. Most vehicles have interior crumple zone to mitigate the secondary stop inside as well.
No but having your leg wrapped around the dash by even a minor collision does.

And... Few people are going to find trying to put the front seat between your legs a livable situation.

Any one who want's to excuse this away is welcome to do so but, if it's not addressed the general public is never going to accept it. It's long term health requires that it be accepted as practical. If they can't co that there will won't last long enough for there to be a 2017 model.

Last edited:

KN16

Elio Addict
Reaction score
EM hasn't answered my web page contact. All they could manage on their FB page is "we're sorry". That's not very comforting.

KN16

Elio Addict
Reaction score
KN16, I am Not saying I disagree with you but since I was standing in line while watching you and your wife (very nice lady by the way) sitting in the car I clearly heard the Elio rep ask if you wanted the seat back further because your wife still had (to my eye) at least 3-4 more inches of room. Not sure if you heard him or not but he noticed you were having difficulty moving the seat and claimed he could move it back further to make it more comfortable. I did notice you were not very comfortable in the back seat with your legs off to the side. Not a back seat for tall pillions. Anyway, just an observation seeing as they were able to move the seat back far enough for an NBA 7 footer I would think the seat would go back further for you if you wanted. The Elio people by the way were Very nice and extremely helpful.

Not sure what you're talking about. The seat was moved back to the point her knees were touching the seat. At that point my leg was ridding the dash and when I mentioned that fact the woman running the show acted like it's a normal thing.

EM claims this was designed for 2 - 6'3" adults my wife and I are almost a foot under that. EM's lack of response (so far) has been pathetic. I'd buy it if they told me the dash in the production model wasn't going to ride as low as the P4 but so far they haven't said anything of substance. When they decided they were going to raise the roof line (not needed as shown by the tall guys) they flew that like a flag.

If this car is to survive beyond the first wave of orders they will have to sell to people who look before buying. If they don't fit in the car it won't sell.

JP

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Being 6' and having large feet, I've always had problems finding a car with enough clearance between the pedals as well as the bottom of the dash so my shoes don't rub the bottom of the dash when I change from brake to gas and vice versa. I also have a problem with the steering wheel rubbing my knee in many cars as well which is why a lot of foreign cars frustrate me. I hope I can sit in the Elio (no plans for a stop in Baltimore/ DC/ Philly yet). Since my legs are long, I'm super picky about leg room in cars. It could be a deal breaker.... I need to sit in an Elio and feel for myself.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Being 6' and having large feet, I've always had problems finding a car with enough clearance between the pedals as well as the bottom of the dash so my shoes don't rub the bottom of the dash when I change from brake to gas and vice versa. I also have a problem with the steering wheel rubbing my knee in many cars as well which is why a lot of foreign cars frustrate me. I hope I can sit in the Elio (no plans for a stop in Baltimore/ DC/ Philly yet). Since my legs are long, I'm super picky about leg room in cars. It could be a deal breaker.... I need to sit in an Elio and feel for myself.
You will get a chance to see a video later this week of the gentleman in Chicago who is 7'4". I don't know about his feet but I do know he had trouble with his knees and the dashboard in the P3 so drove from Wisconsin to see the P4. I look forward to reading and seeing the results of his experience. There is a picture of him and his 7' short friend standing with the Elio between them in one of the Chicago threads. The picture came from the Facebook page. :) Z

Edit: This is on Facebook today, 7' 4" and shorty at 7'

[Broken External Image]

JP

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You will get a chance to see a video later this week of the gentleman in Chicago who is 7'4". I don't know about his feet but I do know he had trouble with his knees and the dashboard in the P3 so drove from Wisconsin to see the P4. I look forward to reading and seeing the results of his experience. There is a picture of him and his 7' short friend standing with the Elio between them in one of the Chicago threads. The picture came from the Facebook page. :) Z

I sure hope the Elio comes with a tilt/ telescoping wheel as that could solve this issue. I drive a 2005 Durango and a 1990 F150 now. Hate the MPG but love the roominess. The Elio or another small car will be a big change which is why I'm worrying so much about this. I'm usually only comfy in larger cars and trucks but you can't beat 84mpg for 6800

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I sure hope the Elio comes with a tilt/ telescoping wheel as that could solve this issue. I drive a 2005 Durango and a 1990 F150 now. Hate the MPG but love the roominess. The Elio or another small car will be a big change which is why I'm worrying so much about this. I'm usually only comfy in larger cars and trucks but you can't beat 84mpg for 6800
My issue has been width rather than height. I have lost 155+ pounds in the last couple of years but the loss was not evenly distributed over my body. When I saw the seat measurement of the Elio I panicked until I went out and measured the seat in my Camry. What do you know, it is 1/4" smaller in the Camry. LOL I was relieved. I will still be happiest after I go sit in the Elio in Portland in July. I am very excited about being able to experience that so soon. :-) Z

KN16

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Edit: This is on Facebook today, 7' 4" and shorty at 7'

[Broken External Image]
Again this irrelevant. Neither my self or my wife had any issue sitting alone. It was when we BOTH tried to sit in the car.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My issue has been width rather than height. I have lost 155+ pounds in the last couple of years but the loss was not evenly distributed over my body. When I saw the seat measurement of the Elio I panicked until I went out and measured the seat in my Camry. What do you know, it is 1/4" smaller in the Camry. LOL I was relieved. I will still be happiest after I go sit in the Elio in Portland in July. I am very excited about being able to experience that so soon. :) Z
Z, congratulations on the weight loss. Shows a lot of character for that kind of commitment. No wonder you are always so positive and upbeat.

Top Bottom