• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Leg Room

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My issue has been width rather than height. I have lost 155+ pounds in the last couple of years but the loss was not evenly distributed over my body. When I saw the seat measurement of the Elio I panicked until I went out and measured the seat in my Camry. What do you know, it is 1/4" smaller in the Camry. LOL I was relieved. I will still be happiest after I go sit in the Elio in Portland in July. I am very excited about being able to experience that so soon. :) Z
Wow! Congrats on that weight loss . . . but be careful you don't go too far and disappear on us now. ;)

Just to prove the difficulty of fitting everyone into a vehicle, my problem is seated height and shoulder width. I've banged my head hard enough over the years in small cars to raise a nice family of knots up there, but then being broad-shouldered isn't everything it's cracked up to be either. It appears that with some seat adjustment, I'll fit into the Elio just fine - NOW if we can ever get a demo down here to Houston, I'd love to try it on for size.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Any demos around new york state any time soon?
Unfortunately you missed two opportunities in May. They were in Syracuse and in New York City for several days each. No current plans for them to go back. I understand that once production is more imminent there will be "see and drive" tours around the country for reservationists to have a go at actually driving the Elio before they place their orders. Obviously that is a way down the road. :-) Z

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wow! Congrats on that weight loss . . . but be careful you don't go too far and disappear on us now. ;)

Just to prove the difficulty of fitting everyone into a vehicle, my problem is seated height and shoulder width. I've banged my head hard enough over the years in small cars to raise a nice family of knots up there, but then being broad-shouldered isn't everything it's cracked up to be either. It appears that with some seat adjustment, I'll fit into the Elio just fine - NOW if we can ever get a demo down here to Houston, I'd love to try it on for size.
Is that wishful thinking? LOL Not to worry, I am as careful about maintaining my weight as I was about losing it. In fact other than the Elio, nutrition has become my passion. Fortunately I like to cook even though I live alone and have been learning how to cook all over again for the 3rd time in my life. That is what keeps me so young and good looking! LOL

I'm not sure where the Texas State Fair is but I think it is in Dallas/Fort Worth and that is the next event in Texas. Any chance you could go up there at that time? :-) Z

Edward

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My issue has been width rather than height. I have lost 155+ pounds in the last couple of years but the loss was not evenly distributed over my body. When I saw the seat measurement of the Elio I panicked until I went out and measured the seat in my Camry. What do you know, it is 1/4" smaller in the Camry. LOL I was relieved. I will still be happiest after I go sit in the Elio in Portland in July. I am very excited about being able to experience that so soon. :) Z
Congrats. My wife has been on the weight loss rampage as well. She's down 110lbs so far, 30 more to go until she is not overweight per the heigh-weight charts.. She discovered today that she fits in the swings for the first time in nearly 20 years!

Top Bottom