• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Lets Ask Elio To Do A Natural Gas Vehicle

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Its not that easy to switch between a liquid fuels like gas and a fuel that's under pressure like LP Hydrogen and CNG [compressed natural gas]. The two have completely different types of fuel tanks & fuel fill requirements not to mention the fuel delivery system on the engine isn't any were close to being the same. Dont get me wrong, I like the idea, but it would have to be one or the other. I don't think you could incorporate both in one car. But look at it this way, at the price of $6800 or even $1000 more, you could by 2 Elio's and still have less money invested than you would have in just one of some other alternative fuel car. Twice the fun at half the cost!
P.S. In some places they don't have the same road tax on LP CNG or Hydrogen as they do on gasoline, its usually less.
You can buy an add on for regular V-8s to make your vehicle dual fuel (gasoline/propane)... HP and Mileage is lower though while using propane. Plus, the weight of the tanks doesn't make sense with such a light car as the elio.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Its not that easy to switch between a liquid fuels like gas and a fuel that's under pressure like LP Hydrogen and CNG [compressed natural gas]. The two have completely different types of fuel tanks & fuel fill requirements not to mention the fuel delivery system on the engine isn't any were close to being the same. Dont get me wrong, I like the idea, but it would have to be one or the other. I don't think you could incorporate both in one car. But look at it this way, at the price of $6800 or even $1000 more, you could by 2 Elio's and still have less money invested than you would have in just one of some other alternative fuel car. Twice the fun at half the cost!
P.S. In some places they don't have the same road tax on LP CNG or Hydrogen as they do on gasoline, its usually less.
You can buy an add on for regular V-8s to make your vehicle dual fuel (gasoline/propane)... HP and Mileage is lower though while using propane. Plus, the weight of the tanks doesn't make sense with such a light car as the elio.

http://www.propaneconversionparts.com/dual_fuel_propane_kits?b=1/

DBN477

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Top Bottom