• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Lights On Wheel Covers

R80RTWoody

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
What do you think about putting a fog light on each wheel cover?
Just mounted a set of Rigid D series on a Toyota Tacoma and have been thinking about putting a set on the Elio. I think (am reasonably sure) the wheel farings will have too much movement in all directions to be suitable mounting points. In addition, the electrical wires would take a real beating. I'll be looking behind the grill to install "flush" or "recessed" mounts if there is enough room. Messing with the aerodynamics of the Elio is a consideration.

Blueskybob

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Just mounted a set of Rigid D series on a Toyota Tacoma and have been thinking about putting a set on the Elio. I think (am reasonably sure) the wheel farings will have too much movement in all directions to be suitable mounting points. In addition, the electrical wires would take a real beating. I'll be looking behind the grill to install "flush" or "recessed" mounts if there is enough room. Messing with the aerodynamics of the Elio is a consideration.

How do like the Rigid D"s ? Did you get fogs or driving pattern?

I agree the fairing(wheelcover) would have too much movement except as a daytime marker or cornering light

There are some single LEDS that are very bright at a short throw distance that could work as a cornering light in connection with your turn signals or even a daylight running light.

If you consider the wheelcover for markers, here is an excerpt from another forum I am on.

I forget which forum I talked about this in. For Marker lights I am considering something from this link for a DYI.
Using their Dayrunners and Magicflex LED Channels they show for the Can AM Spyder. With a year to wait, there may be even better solutions.

PS Will be using their LED surround license plate cover along with the momentary strobe effect while braking for sure.

http://www.customdynamics.com/can_am_sp ... sories.htm

http://www.customdynamics.com/can_am_sp ... sories.htm

silverfox

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Forgot to add license plate brake strobe light helps get the attention of the other vehicles as well. All of these lights give you a little more safety.

Top Bottom