• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Lit Motors C-1

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There is a big draw-back to the economy of this or any two wheel motorcycle. That is the life and cost of motorcycle tires. I currently have 6 motorcycles and I typically get 7,000 miles life on the rear tire and 14,000 miles life on the front. The tires cost approximately $150 each. The money a motorcycle saves in gas will be consumed in tires. Motorcycles are not economical. Ride them because you love them, not to save money.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There is a big draw-back to the economy of this or any two wheel motorcycle. That is the life and cost of motorcycle tires. I currently have 6 motorcycles and I typically get 7,000 miles life on the rear tire and 14,000 miles life on the front. The tires cost approximately $150 each. The money a motorcycle saves in gas will be consumed in tires. Motorcycles are not economical. Ride them because you love them, not to save money.
This concept is not being developed soley for affordability/economy as is the Elio. It truly is a new class of vehicle. It will allow everyone the opportunity to experience the exhilarating fun of ridind/driving a motorcycle year around with it's enclosed luxury high tech bells & whisltles cabin, in all weather conditions, with the added safety restraints. The ideal mc commuter that drives like a car. I will buy and drive it because I do 'love' this concept.......and cannot physically ride a MC. The aging boomer population that wants to continue their love of riding should be just one of many demographics for this space saving, environmentally friendly, safe, reasonably high performance EV concept commuter vehicle.

The C-1 puts the FUN in functional and the COOL in coolfactor. The current 200 mile range may increase 2-3 x when the new/current battery technology gets into the manufacturing chain. I'm hoping to have a C-1 parked next to my slightly used low mileage 2015 Elio by 2016-17.

Last edited:

JNR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Actually the new video of the prototype on the street......and showing it's stability on ice looks very promising. I'm hoping we see this in Lit Motors Showrooms by early 2017. Definitely my next vehicle if it makes it to production.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?utm_campaign=e6ed44b9ce-Pre_order_Newsletter_November_201411_26_2014&v=jwLGFxKPzY4&utm_term=0_cd0f3fd30d-e6ed44b9ce-55893873&utm_source=Lit C-1 Pre-Orders&feature=youtu.be&utm_medium=email
Thanks Rickb, that was a little quicker and a little bit more lean on the street.

screen shot:

litc1 on ice.JPG

BigWarpGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
its a good thing that such a large variety of transportation sources exist .... my first look at an Elio interested me as something I'd be interested in owning/driving .... on the other hand, my first look at a C-1 left me with the impression that I I'd like to drive one but have absolutely no interest in owning one ... for the sake of those interested I hope they make it

Jim

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have the same feeling about driving and owning both the Elio and the C-1. I prefer the idea of the enclosed cabin C-1 because it would provide the lean and experience of riding a cycle. The Elio much more practical. With that said I will have to drive both to insure I want to own either. I hope to own both.......along with the Toyota i-ROAD. These vehicles will be my first motorcycle purchases and apparently the beginning of a motorcycle collection at age 68.

I'm not compelled to even drive the Snyder. lol

Top Bottom