• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Lit Motors C-1

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ryno thread? Speaking of the Lit C-1.......slower than expected progress but progress nonetheless.

image.jpg

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm not nearly as apprehensive of the Lit falling over as I am of the gyro itself.
I'm not fond of the idea of having something that new and that heavy spinning that fast just under my feet while I'm going 75mph down the road.
I suppose there's always the almost unheard of possibility of a street bike engine blowing up and taking off a leg.
But with that kind of torque, that gyro is capable of totally demolishing that bike and it's rider if it ever got loose.
I compare that statement to saying a 25 gallon gas tank is capable of totally demolishing the car and it's driver if it ever exploded. LOL My motto: No fear!

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I wish Lit Motors were as good as Elio Motors at keeping their followers and the public informed of progress as by their own admission they do still have quite a bit of time before production begins. They did however release this video a few days ago demonstrating some very good progress.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes that LM video does look pretty good. I had been concerned that they had a 'wobble' when the bike was moving or standing. If it does have any wobble left, it doesn't seem to be enough to be a bother, at least not visually. The video also answers the question of the lean, i.e, yes it does lean into turns.
The pricing places the C1 in a completely different market from the Elio, with the exception of the few people who are motivated by fun or other more narrow interest.
Also the test bed was a single seat vehicle. That's very limiting to it's utilitarian value.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I also wondered about wobble but it is good to see it appears to be quite steady. I am sure this will all be refined further over time as the hardware and software continue development.

As a single track vehicle it really does not have much of a choice but to counter-steer and lean into turns even if this presents some extra challenges concerning programing the drive by wire steering system as it uses automotive controls.

I believe the production model is supposed to provide tandem seating however even in the renderings the rear seat looks to be very tight and really intended to be used as the trunk area.

As a very compact electric vehicle with a currently estimated price tag of 3x the cost of the Elio the Lit C-1 is definitely in a completely different category of vehicles which is great for both companies. I hope both companies can do well as these are exactly the kind of creative home grown solutions we need.

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just yesterday Lit Motors started up some conversation on Lit FaceBook after some long silence following the VP of Marketing's departure. They mentioned available parts suppliers ready to roll for the very first time which gives me some inclination that they may have been working quietly on more than just the PE4 protoype on their long road to production.

Goofyone, I agree! I wish they were more like EM in communicating with their fan base.......maybe that will change. The videos do show some drive progress on a very high tech concept.

Sadly, they mention more frequent future updates to reservation holders a couple weeks after I cancelled mine. Elio is very close to their 2015 Production deadline. Lit has no announced production date.......my guess is 2-3 years out. I can only hope sooner because I will jump back in..............in a heartbeat.

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Top Bottom