• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Lit Motors C-1

Don Brasier

Reaction score
I saw a self stabilizing motor bike (electric I think) that won't tip over, on You tube, that was kind of cool. It used a spinning gyro to keep it upright. The Zing car is pretty cool too. It is a hybrid 3 wheeler that holds 2 people in tandem like the Elio. He is taking a few orders at $17,995 each.
Also there is a 3 wheeled hybrid concept called the Urbee. This vehicle is very slick and is purported to get really good mileage. It is a concept though and there is no word on what the price will be. All 3 of these can be found on you tube by doing a search. Don

RickDeckard

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Found this by accident the other day. Looks pretty cool but the price tag is a little rough, $24,000 if I remember right. I think the keys to Elio's success will be the price point and the safety rating if they can get it.
yea and I don't like how the rear passenger straddles the front seat and they have some problems to over come with gyro's being counter productive on a bike at speed.... ... they say 2014 but I think a lot of their tech needs to be developed... hard to do things cheaply when you are dependent on old electrical storage tech... batteries are still waiting for all the advancement to get out of the labs. Lit does feel they can drop the price after they pay down their vehicle development costs... but I don't see that as any thing near term

Okuma

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
yea and I don't like how the rear passenger straddles the front seat and they have some problems to over come with gyro's being counter productive on a bike at speed.... ... they say 2014 but I think a lot of their tech needs to be developed... hard to do things cheaply when you are dependent on old electrical storage tech... batteries are still waiting for all the advancement to get out of the labs. Lit does feel they can drop the price after they pay down their vehicle development costs... but I don't see that as any thing near term

It seems like they will go the route most vehicle start-ups go to be honest, which is out of business. I wish them all the luck in the world but I just don't see it coming to market like I do the Elio. The Elio just seems like a much more practical and achievable idea to me.

JNR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I saw a self stabilizing motor bike (electric I think) that won't tip over, on You tube, that was kind of cool. It used a spinning gyro to keep it upright. The Zing car is pretty cool too. It is a hybrid 3 wheeler that holds 2 people in tandem like the Elio. He is taking a few orders at $17,995 each.
Also there is a 3 wheeled hybrid concept called the Urbee. This vehicle is very slick and is purported to get really good mileage. It is a concept though and there is no word on what the price will be. All 3 of these can be found on you tube by doing a search. Don
I believe you saw the Lit C1 which is the subject of the thread. They say they will start production this year, they also have a facebook page where they are currently showing some images of their latest prototype build.

JNR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Update, in their latest blog comment section, Lit Motors still says they will be producing by the end of this year. Their facebook page shows the steady progress of the latest prototype build.

I am rooting for them, us Elio fans shouldn't feel threatened, they don't compete with the Elio except maybe for the more affluent here. I think they will bring attention to high efficiency 2 seat commuter vehicle market.

Top Bottom