• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Lit Motors C-1

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Update, in their latest blog comment section, Lit Motors still says they will be producing by the end of this year. Their facebook page shows the steady progress of the latest prototype build.

I am rooting for them, us Elio fans shouldn't feel threatened, they don't compete with the Elio except maybe for the more affluent here. I think they will bring attention to high efficiency 2 seat commuter vehicle market.
I'm rooting for them too since I have a reservation on both the C-1 and the Elio. I think I'll be driving my Elio for quite sometime while the Lit Motors Team makes final C-1 production plans. If there is any competition, and I don't think there is, it should be friendly because it does bring attention to this new vehicle classification.

image.jpg

KN16

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Where is it that you get your Facts? You can purchase a NEW Peel P50 for 16K.
I have no idea about the reproduction. The one used on Top Gear was an original. They were only made for 4 years starting better than half a century ago. There were very few made and fewer still survive. Better check your facts.

JNR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Where is it that you get your Facts? You can purchase a NEW Peel P50 for 16K.

to help put this issue to bed, quick google search (peel car cost) found this as result #1:

http://jalopnik.com/5910190/the-worlds-smallest-cars-are-back-on-sale-for-insane-money

text from link:

"Like an adorable, tiny zombie popping out of its tiny, adorable window-box grave, the Peel P50 and Peel Trident are back from the dead. Neither of the tiny, tiny cars has been built since 1966, but a new company, with funding from the BBC's show Dragon's Den, is starting production up once again, as announced earlier this year. They're street legal in the UK and US, and you can buy them for an absurd price £10,000 ($16,000)."

KN16

Elio Addict
Reaction score
to help put this issue to bed, quick google search (peel car cost) found this as result #1:

http://jalopnik.com/5910190/the-worlds-smallest-cars-are-back-on-sale-for-insane-money

text from link:

"Like an adorable, tiny zombie popping out of its tiny, adorable window-box grave, the Peel P50 and Peel Trident are back from the dead. Neither of the tiny, tiny cars has been built since 1966, but a new company, with funding from the BBC's show Dragon's Den, is starting production up once again, as announced earlier this year. They're street legal in the UK and US, and you can buy them for an absurd price £10,000 ($16,000)."
And you can buy a 2014 Camero for a whole bunch of $$$ less than an original 69 SS in like condition. Kinda like apples and oranges.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
lol, most threads get hijacked here, sometimes for short periods, sometimes it meanders to whole new subjects.

Multiple threads on the same topic is also rampant.
I may be guilty of that from time to time. However, the Lit C-1 is a very serious and innovative 2 wheel, self balancing, car concept. Like the Elio the C-1 will have a big payback on it's yearly operating cost with it's 674 MPGe and estimated .6 cents a mile to drive.

Top Bottom