• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Locked In

Franklin3

Elio Fan
Reaction score

CrimsonEclipse

Elio Addict
Reaction score
For the "ZOMG!! TEH PRICE HAS GONE UP!!!" crowd:

Inflation from 2013 to present (AUG 2016) is around 6%

The price from $6800 to $7300 is 7.4% (rounded up)

So calculating for inflation, the price is up 1.4%

Also

The price from $6800 to $7000 is 2.9%

Which puts the early adopters at -3% lower than the inflation adjusted price.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Already done. The only remaining task is to get EM to believe their own web site.
I'm in the same boat; I fill in the form, hit submit, and get this

You do not have.gif

So I logged into my account; brought up my last invoice and find this

All In 1K.gif

Which was done in early 2014; I've got 4 ways to contact EM and have left emails and voice messages on all 4
Seems that a lot of early adopters are getting the same message (I've seen 12 so far)
I can imagine the help desk at EM wanting to run away when they see the thousands of emails, all marked urgent; Support tickets and voice mailboxes bursting at the seems Monday morning.

My guess is and announcement reading: "It's a computer glitch and we are working on resolving it as quickly as possible"

They have to blame it on something and that seems like the most logical one.

Reaction score
Well, kind of Coss. We have already guessed what some of the problems Elio face are. Elio used two different systems for their reservation numbers. The Earliest Adopters, those with really low numbers are having a problem because they and you & I were never integrated into the new system. It must be a difficult process because they have been working on it for over two years.>sarcasm< And there are about 2 thousand of us, maybe more. Second problem is Elio is overwhelmed and maybe un-prepared, since this new DoE hoop was just dumped on them. They are pulling their hairs out to get this information together, to report the information to the DoE, so they can kick start this project into high gear.
Secondly, people are using wrong email address, wrong names or didn't understand the form.
I am so proud how this forum pulled up to the plate to help. Both with our commitments and letting people know what is going on.

Lawrence G.

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Like you, it's weird. I have worked in data processing, MIS/IT for 35 years, retired.

Offered my services/knowledge to Elio, Provided a link to Youtube on MRP work I did at General Dynamics, major aerospace defense company.

Never heard a thing back from their IT group.

Haven't checked my account within the last 3 days, All In for $1000.00;

Don't understand why I would need to do anything else. The price went up.

It's all with in reason.

If their numbers are messed up, get it fixed now, no damn reason numbers should be messed up now.

If I need to push more buttons to confirm a confirmation, so be it.

Your management could also contact me.

Lawrence Goldstein #8734

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, kind of Coss. We have already guessed what some of the problems Elio face are. Elio used two different systems for their reservation numbers. The Earliest Adopters, those with really low numbers are having a problem because they and you & I were never integrated into the new system. It must be a difficult process because they have been working on it for over two years.>sarcasm< And there are about 2 thousand of us, maybe more. Second problem is Elio is overwhelmed and maybe un-prepared, since this new DoE hoop was just dumped on them. They are pulling their hairs out to get this information together, to report the information to the DoE, so they can kick start this project into high gear.
Secondly, people are using wrong email address, wrong names or didn't understand the form.
I am so proud how this forum pulled up to the plate to help. Both with our commitments and letting people know what is going on.
You have no idea how many different things people are coming up with (remember, I read all the new comments from everyone).
I'm just waiting to hear "now they want me to give up my first born to get it" :tsk:
I think that's about the only one I haven't seen.

I believe some people read every 3rd word, and fill in their own blanks with every 5th word from a previous statement.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Like you, it's weird. I have worked in data processing, MIS/IT for 35 years, retired.

Offered my services/knowledge to Elio, Provided a link to Youtube on MRP work I did at General Dynamics, major aerospace defense company.

Never heard a thing back from their IT group.

Haven't checked my account within the last 3 days, All In for $1000.00;

Don't understand why I would need to do anything else. The price went up.

It's all with in reason.

If their numbers are messed up, get it fixed now, no damn reason numbers should be messed up now.

If I need to push more buttons to confirm a confirmation, so be it.

Your management could also contact me.

Lawrence Goldstein #8734
I'm also a retired geek after 27+ years of my 2nd full time career (first was mechanic/custom fabricator).
I've offered the same; I've got my DBA (along with the rest of the alphabet soup); have worked with databases for the last 22 years for everything from Medical to Title and was a National Troubleshooter for Software/hardware/networking/security for 4 1/2 of those years. There were never very many of those that "did it all and did it all well" and as time goes on, there are even less.
That why when I blamed it on the computer it was more poking fun at it.
I know quite well why they've worked on it for 2 years; they don't have anyone that knows what they're doing!

Top Bottom