• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Looks Like A Big Production Delay Is Imminent

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Frosty

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
How do we know if that was today's report? I tried to find a reference date and could not find one. That is a pet peeve of mine. If you are going to broadcast something, at least date it. I don't mean you, Frosty, I mean the TV station that broadcast that report. :) Z
Original post found on the Elio facebook site, said 4/10/14

ST13Fred

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not surprising. I call it the politics of money. Paul and his group are probably on the phone for hours daily trying to push this thing along.
Starting a business 20 years ago in this country, was relatively easy......today, it is next to impossible. The people in DC are not the answer, they are the problem.

DBN477

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not surprising. I call it the politics of money. Paul and his group are probably on the phone for hours daily trying to push this thing along.
Starting a business 20 years ago in this country, was relatively easy......today, it is next to impossible. The people in DC are not the answer, they are the problem.

or they(Caddo parish) got a better deal, get paid now, instead of waiting. What would you do? Get paid now, possibly lease more of the space than Elio wants/needs, or defer payment until Elio is up and running?

Without knowing much of any details of new tenant, Elio may have gave blessing to this new deal. Buys them time to get funding. Do I know? No. But if you need $200m and you have $47m..............Who knows..........Finding a vacant plant should not be a problem.

How much space is needed?
http://www.showcase.com/?Q=FDFA1487...2E001C08B8D1E3A22DEC9579648BB1683DB4AB&H=true

Last edited:
Reactions: JNR

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Original post found on the Elio facebook site, said 4/10/14
I understand that but the report itself has no date. That 4/10/14 date may simply be the date it was posted. Do we know if it was really 76º in Shreveport today? Even that information didn't have a date on it. To me that is important.

ie Lee Oh

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Looks like the video was posted on KTBS web site on 4/9/2014. This is bad news indeed. I thought that Elio had already leased the plant from Caddo Parrish. I think that this would be a good question for everyone to ask in the Have a Question Elio blog.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Looks like the video was posted on KTBS web site on 4/9/2014. This is bad news indeed. I thought that Elio had already leased the plant from Caddo Parrish. I think that this would be a good question for everyone to ask in the Have a Question Elio blog.
My impression of that site is it is enormous and Elio was only leasing part of it. The rest was available for use by other businesses. The person who managed the lease agreement and I believe is the CEO of the property management company is actually on Elio's board of directors. I can't believe he would undercut the company he is a board member of. That doesn't make sense.

DBN477

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My impression of that site is it is enormous and Elio was only leasing part of it. The rest was available for use by other businesses. The person who managed the lease agreement and I believe is the CEO of the property management company is actually on Elio's board of directors. I can't believe he would undercut the company he is a board member of. That doesn't make sense.

Without knowing much of any details of new tenant, Elio may have gave blessing to this new deal. Buys them time to get funding. Do I know? No. But if you need $200m and you have $47m..............Who knows..........Finding a vacant plant should not be a problem.

Top Bottom