• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Loss Of Luster

Buckeyejake

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In any new business there is initial excitement and then the hard work begins. For many the excitement of the Elio has faded. Yesterday, today and the immediate future the work in the trenches has begun in earnest at Elio Motors.

Don't lose sight of the final prize. Hang in there. It's tough to change the complexion of the automotive industry, that has a history of over 100 years, overnight.

My view from the cheap seats.

PS. The Ohio group is having a meeting on May 23rd in Columbus. Come join us. Contact myself or LillyMae to make a reservation.

Last edited:

Hog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
True, but time-to-market is an all important consideration. This is why cellphone companies push so hard with new models, they understand that people grow impatient extremely quickly. Elio has not done a good job at this concept. Admittedly there are numerous obstacles, but the time-to-market concept holds true regardless. The old saying was 'strike while the iron is hot'. Elio's iron is cooling, and will be harder to forge.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You make a valid point.
But then again, getting it right the first time is not really a life or death issue in a cell phone.
And it really isn't that tough to build a cell phone when you can have someone else own the manufacturing facility in another country.

1Cowboy80

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I think the issue is that people are losing faith with another pushback of the production date. Elio needs to come out with a realistic production date and stick with it. People will begin to look at it as a scam and stay clear of any involvement. I am in it for the long haul $1000 all in and still have faith that we will come to fruition. GO ELIO GO!!

Hotscoots

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Timing is indeed everything . The sweet spot for Elio interest will peak during times of obscenely high gasoline prices. And they will return . Even if oil remains low for a period of time , politicians will just raise gas taxes . Can't have cheap gas when Climate Change is their top agenda.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
Timing is indeed everything . The sweet spot for Elio interest will peak during times of obscenely high gasoline prices. And they will return . Even if oil remains low for a period of time , politicians will just raise gas taxes . Can't have cheap gas when Climate Change is their top agenda.

Good points. I adopted that saying as my mantra, a couple of years ago, "Timing is indeed everything".

It's certainly possible that the Elio Motors decision makers have said privately amongst themselves, "until gas prices get up above $n.nn, no sense in rushing to production". I'm not sure what that $n.nn might be, as a national avg, but that certainly is a viable business rule EM may have set privately. Ugh.

I stand by my prediction I made in March, that gas will avg $3.25+ in the U.S. on Jan. 1, 2016. I don't like the prediction, but it's my guess.

www.gasbuddy.com says in late January the natl avg bottomed out at $2.02, and 3 1/2 months later, today May 12, natl avg is around $2.66. Just for posterity, locally gas dipped below $2 briefly in January, is now at $2.45.

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
For myself, like others here, it isn't about loyalty or belief. We showed that by going all in. Due to compounding health issues, and just the years passing, I am reaching a point in life where it becomes an issue of how long are you willing, or able, to wait for your next vehicle. I will wait to see what happen in the beginning 2016, but if Elio goes for another delay, I will walk away from my 1k investment and move on to something else. We have already seen several members of this forum pass waiting for Elio to produce a vehicle. I have no plans on becoming one of them.

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think the issue is that people are losing faith with another pushback of the production date. Elio needs to come out with a realistic production date and stick with it. People will begin to look at it as a scam and stay clear of any involvement. I am in it for the long haul $1000 all in and still have faith that we will come to fruition. GO ELIO GO!!
Paul Elio said they won't give a production date until the funding is clear. Considering their foibles with funding and production predictions, I would not be surprised if they didn't announce anything until after it happens.

Top Bottom