• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Loss Of Luster

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Well, JB, it IS a public discussion forum. If it is not "permitted" to discuss certain fundamental issues regarding the (so-called) "production delays" which have their own (evidently deflected) bottom line cause-and-effect foundations, then I apologize for my posts and I will hereafter refrain from reference to this basic reality and its underlying relevance.

... since Other interests seem to take priority ...

agree that, so long as it is done in a manner not intended to inflame, it is perfectly OK to discuss such things as "production delays" .... the fact is, nothing can be accomplished by coming to this forum and complaining about the treatment received on another forum .... in addition, allegations based on opinion are just that .... when they are portrayed as being based on truth/fact, that is a very different matter .... civil discussion is most welcome, attempts to create angry/emotional arguments aren't

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
agree that, so long as it is done in a manner not intended to inflame, it is perfectly OK to discuss such things as "production delays" .... the fact is, nothing can be accomplished by coming to this forum and complaining about the treatment received on another forum .... in addition, allegations based on opinion are just that .... when they are portrayed as being based on truth/fact, that is a very different matter .... civil discussion is most welcome, attempts to create angry/emotional arguments aren't
Agreed. It does no one any good, and this forum in particular, to moan and groan about how another site has treated you. No one likes production delays or anything that keeps the final product from rolling off the line but complaining and finger pointing does no good either. Someone said, Just because you harp doesn't make you an angel! I really don't care what you said or what was said about you on another forum. What you do say here is what concerns us all. You are more than welcome to discuss and debate and express your dissatisfaction as long as that is not your raison d'etre. That would be sad for you.

Horn

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think some people got sidetracked....This is a forum about Elio correct? All things Elio. If people can post links for positive stuff from other sites about Elio motors, why can't there be negative?

The whole thing was in regard to what Elio Motors was saying or responding to people who voiced their dissatisfaction. This isn't much different than posting a link that is quoting PE. It all involves EM.

Now another factor that Archer and many others on the internet forget (me too) is that you are NOT FREE TO SAY WHAT YOU WANT! You are only free to say what the creator of the forum allows. If The creator (idk who that is) of this forum doesn't want anything bad said, he/she doesn't want to. Almost have to think of a forum as someone's garage...a very generous person. He/She might be cool with everything except cursing, if you don't like it leave.
- Now above is what drives some people crazy about EM. Many people want ALL and ANY info out there without a bias. For a while on here, any member that said anything bad about EM, would be tore apart by many members. As time as gone on, that has come less.

I think the frustration is with EM, but projected on each other here. Most people are getting tired of the sales pitch.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A longer wait won't result in increased pricing for off the shelf parts. EM's Parts Supplier PARTNERS will be happy to supply large quantities of bolts at a reasonable price point. The long wait is more likely to result in no purchase orders for bolts and any other component parts.

Is the APPEARANCE that EM is in a good place at the moment? I believe the plant can be set up in 3 months, but only after prototypes are built, tested, and the hiring process is underway.

How many months are required to build and test prototypes before the 3 month factory tool up? The good news is EM said long ago that the first prototype build to roll out would be used for factory tooling. Perhaps EM is in the process of secretly building one as we post.
We can only hope that's what's happening.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think some people got sidetracked....This is a forum about Elio correct? All things Elio. If people can post links for positive stuff from other sites about Elio motors, why can't there be negative?

The whole thing was in regard to what Elio Motors was saying or responding to people who voiced their dissatisfaction. This isn't much different than posting a link that is quoting PE. It all involves EM.

Now another factor that Archer and many others on the internet forget (me too) is that you are NOT FREE TO SAY WHAT YOU WANT! You are only free to say what the creator of the forum allows. If The creator (idk who that is) of this forum doesn't want anything bad said, he/she doesn't want to. Almost have to think of a forum as someone's garage...a very generous person. He/She might be cool with everything except cursing, if you don't like it leave.
- Now above is what drives some people crazy about EM. Many people want ALL and ANY info out there without a bias. For a while on here, any member that said anything bad about EM, would be tore apart by many members. As time as gone on, that has come less.

I think the frustration is with EM, but projected on each other here. Most people are getting tired of the sales pitch.

........." If people can post links for positive stuff from other sites about Elio motors, why can't there be negative? ".........
Perhaps the key issue is "links". That would typically mean a URL to the full text.
Not someone making it appear that it is a link to the full text of what someone has said as seems to happen more and more frequently.
Notice I used a full link and then ellipsis on the part I was referring to.

Top Bottom