• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Make A Left Turn Safely And Pulling Out From Parralell Parked

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Could you mount convex mirrors on the back of the fenders, or would the angle be too much?
If my vehicle doesn't already have convex mirrors, I attach a little 2" mirror to the bottom inside corner of the outside mirrors. This lets me at least see if anything is in my blind spots. They are really cheap and would be better than attaching something to a fender.

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If my vehicle doesn't already have convex mirrors, I attach a little 2" mirror to the bottom inside corner of the outside mirrors. This lets me at least see if anything is in my blind spots. They are really cheap and would be better than attaching something to a fender.
Would the elio mirrors be big enough to make room?

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If your sitting in the middle of a left turn lane and a Truck is in front of you. You will be blind to on coming traffic. The truck could be in front of you or across the intersection. Either case it would be a good Idea to have a forward and reaward looking camera mounted on the left front fender to be able to see around the car in front for on coming traffic and see around the car behind you (in situations your parralell parked and you need to pull out) for on coming traffic. Cameras are cheap it should not cost anymore but would provide a huge level of driving safety and reduce the chance of accidents.
Good eye. It will be a different experience in an Elio since the diver is in the middle, and the front wheels stick out.
I personally see no problems, just challenges, driving different configurations. Love the experience of something new and different.
Maybe one could just carry a telescoping inspection mirror in the cab when going downtown.

W. WIllie

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No matter what mirrors you have, you still have to use "Common Sense".
I recently installed 4" aero bullet shape mirrors on the LRR for the "aero" effect. It seems to make me a safer driver/more cautious driver.

ABC123

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
For those who sat in the cab: with the B pillar further behind you than what you'd expect from a 4-door experience, would the large door window provide you adequate viewing when exiting a parking spot? I don't see the space/window for the tandem passenger to be useful when checking before exiting. I'm all for good visibility, whether looking through the windscreen of the car in from of me or out the sides.

Speaking of side windows, too bad there weren't vent windows as an option.

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
For those who sat in the cab: with the B pillar further behind you than what you'd expect from a 4-door experience, would the large door window provide you adequate viewing when exiting a parking spot? I don't see the space/window for the tandem passenger to be useful when checking before exiting. I'm all for good visibility, whether looking through the windscreen of the car in from of me or out the sides.

Speaking of side windows, too bad there weren't vent windows as an option.
Important when driver has gas

Top Bottom