• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Manual Or Power Steering?

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, I remember asking my dad (after seeing one on a neighbors truck) why we didn't have one on the family station wagon. He said "because the ball can break off unexpectedly, :eek: causing accidents"...good enough for me. :)
Oh, about power steering...It came to mind that because they are trying to source cheap (inexpensive) parts that are currently in production, powersteering units may be cheaper & more readily available.
Welcome to the Elio family and to the forum. Here you will find the latest information, facts, rumors and opinions about the Elio. there are plenty of helpful friendly people who will try to answer all your questions. Welcome to the Elio expereince

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I found a picture of the proposed power steering power module... :D It's not finalized, however, so don't hold me to it.

Wheel.jpg

Brian1362

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If anybody remembers the old steering wheel knobs.............a good retro assist for maneuvering into that parallel parking space.........no power steering required. The one to the right even has a built in compass.
View attachment 921 View attachment 920 View attachment 922
The good 'ole "Suicide Knob!" My father had one of these on his '55 Chevy truck he had as a teenager. Made of white porcelain.

Top Bottom