• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Manufacturing Rate

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
True. Each store will have 3 Elios that they keep on hand. I'm betting one that is optioned to the max and two testers.

IF you set a marshalling center up so that an Elio entered one side and was rolled (or pulled by a simple battery operated pull (like a pallet jack), you could have 10 or 20 stations each performing one operation (one may be for lighted door sill and radio installation, for instance) that takes a minute or two, you'd have a mini-production line. Each car could be started basically as soon as the order cleared at the store... taking even 2 hours to go through a mini-line that had 3 minute stations (an extremely S-L-O-W line), would produce one Elio every 3 minutes... 20 per hour... or 120 in a 6 hour shift from 5pm to 10pm. Trucks could then be loaded (they would be loaded as Elios came off the line. If they did it right, they'd put them through the line in store-order so each truck would only have one store to visit and you wouldn't have to shuffle the Elios around. Also, you could take them straight from the line to the waiting truck.

Actually, it is doubtful that each Elio would have 20 add-ons so the line could probably be shorter.

If the line method doesn't sit easy enough, think of 5 assembly stations and two person teams. Each station would have to put out 4 Elios per hour.

Anyway, it's quite doable (that's an official word there).

What I really don't see is a store selling 105 Elios per day. Maybe... I just don't see it.
tell me that part again about THE truck to centers?
won't it require a minimum of two/3/4 trucks shipped daily to each center? To Seattle from Shreveport overnight? and back (dead ended and two days on the road?
It aint like Walmart/Cosco that has their own fleets, it's gonna be subbed out?
and to think the $15.00 mechanics at the centers will be operating on a line?, moving the cars around? that'll then be a "crew", a line at each center?
NO way there can be shipping costs be successful in keeping the S&H under 1,000, -1500.00

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
won't it require a minimum of two/3/4 trucks shipped daily to each center? To Seattle from Shreveport overnight? and back (dead ended and two days on the road?
and to think the $15.00 mechanics at the centers will be operating on a line?, moving the cars around? that'll then be a "crew", a line at each center?
NO way there can be shipping costs be successful in keeping the S&H under 1,000, -1500.00
No, not Walmart/Costco. Think Pepboys..... :bolt:

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Each truck that leaves the marshalling center with Elios for one store. A truck wouldn't be delivering to two different stores. Each store would require multiple trucks of course.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They'll use the rail lines to get Elios THAT far of course. I mean, the rail line goes right into the building but Elio will use the distribution hub justndown the road.

Top Bottom