• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Manufacturing Rate

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I respect your thought process.

But American have always shown a preference for larger vehicles...possibly that will change someday...but it seems to be embedded in our cultural identity! LOL

FYI...I've owned 3 new Smart Cars...a '09, a '11, and finally a '13...

I loved my Smart's...but most just laughed at me...unfortunately... most American drivers scorn small cars!
Yes you are right. American drivers do scorn small cars.

The saving grace for the Elio lies partially in the proportions of this small car. People do not like short "dumpy" cars like the Smart. The Elio is sleek being long and low. Also, many people will probably give it custom paint jobs that are very attractive.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
just curious...you keep referring to the Elio as a "small" vehicle. Have you had an opportunity to actually see, touch and sit in it ( P4 or p5 ) yet?
image.jpeg

Bigfoot21075

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Yes you are right. American drivers do scorn small cars.

The saving grace for the Elio lies partially in the proportions of this small car. People do not like short "dumpy" cars like the Smart. The Elio is sleek being long and low. Also, many people will probably give it custom paint jobs that are very attractive.
Americans scorn small goofy cars like the "Smart" car. Americans LOVE cool small cars like the MG's, The Spitfires, Datsun Z's and so on. As the owner of a daily driven F350, I look forward to Elio.

Top Bottom