• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Manufacturing Rate

Aprilia

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Speaking of small cars, when I worked at Dallas Power and Light back in the early '60s, there was a rather large man who drove a "Morris Minor".
We all called it a "Morris Men's Wear". He promptly corrected us stating that is was a "Neiman Morris".

Here's a Morris Minor!

4121732Morris_Minor_front_20070902.jpg

Here's a Neiman Morris!

1960-Morris-Minor-custom-ggr.jpg

Last edited:

Muzhik

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I believe you are correct though I think some are gas. They ARE slow though. Base speed limits are 35 or 25 in most areas.
Did some quick research, as it's been more than a few years since I've looked at them. GEM (Global Electric Motors) were the first of a class of vehicles called "Neighborhood Electric Vehicle (NEV)." These vehicles are limited to 35mph, so they can be run on almost every neighborhood road in the 50 states, provided they meet safety standards (seat belts, etc.) They were made for those times when you need to run some errands or just travel around the neighborhood.

They are NOT gasoline-powered. The company was purchased by Polaris in 2011, so any gasoline-powered small vehicles are from that branch of the company,

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Using Honda is a good Fit for the discussion of Americans accepting small cars.
It wasn't an instant success as too Datsun, and over the years -my have they grown! Todays Civic is larger than the older Accords. No longer are they "small cars". Follow the Cooper to see how large there becoming (especially compared to the original )
Watch the Fiat continue to "grow", think they have a 4 Dr and an SUV??.
With that in mind then, the Elio will be a V6 with a much larger size overall down the road

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
It wasn't an instant success as too Datsun, and over the years -my have they grown! Todays Civic is larger than the older Accords. No longer are they "small cars". Follow the Cooper to see how large there becoming (especially compared to the original )
Watch the Fiat continue to "grow", think they have a 4 Dr and an SUV??.
With that in mind then, the Elio will be a V6 with a much larger size overall down the road
The Fiat SUV is the Fiat 500X; it shares the platform with the new Jeep Renegade.
If you ever see the 2 of them near each other you'll see how close they match

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Talking about size!!

8c6b5be8fdcf4e42f6e312e3cca9c4cf1dfa44a4.jpg

Nissan Figaro
Nissan produced 20,000 of these chic, retro convertibles exclusively for the Japanese market, which could only be bought through a random lottery selection. Based on the B-segment March, it was powered by an anemic 75-horsepower 1-liter engine paired to a 3-speed automatic, but had a surprisingly upscale interior, with standard leather seats. Although there are a couple dozen examples for sale in Japan, prices have only started to appreciate to its original price of 1,870,000 yen (about $14,500 in 1991), and they now average at $8,000.

Top Bottom