• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Massive Airbag Recall

wayne kemp

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Airbags????
One went off in my '14 Stang when I hit the deer and I didn't even realize it went off until I got out of the car with white powder all over me. That bag was about the size of a large man's hand and would have never helped me.

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Airbags????
One went off in my '14 Stang when I hit the deer and I didn't even realize it went off until I got out of the car with white powder all over me. That bag was about the size of a large man's hand and would have never helped me.
Lucky it wasn't one of the recalled ones in a 'humid' state. You could have survived the crash, but the metal shards could have cut your head off! Looks like someone put a shrapnel bomb in the steering wheel. oops! That can't look good on a resume.

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Airbags????
bet it didn't do much for the deer either.

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I thought Massive Airbag was my last employer.

The real problem is that the air bags sit on both sides of the aisle.
Maybe the numbers are too close on both sides but when it comes to volume per bag the Libs have got it hands down. You just can not recall all the airbags. Some may require a tranquilizer dart. Check the link below to see what I mean. This one deserves to be made into a movie. "There's no more room in the Cuckoo nest". BTW This has gone viral on the Net. LOL

Last edited:

Jay3wheel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Maybe the numbers are too close on both sides but when it comes to volume per bag the Libs have got it hands down. You just can recall all the airbags. Some may require a tranquilizer dart. Check the link below to see what I mean. This one deserves to be made into a movie. "There's no more room in the choo choo's nest". BTW This has gone viral on the Net. LOL

I wonder how long they had to rehearse the part with the signs and group chant.

About lunch time think I'll have a ham sandwich.

CheeseheadEarl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Does it bother anyone else that we're recalling 10-15 year old cars. The exploding airbag could be serious, I get that, but I see a lot of recalls that IMO should be nothing more than normal wear and aging.

BTW, I think it's been pointed out that Elio has 2 airbag suppliers on their partner list.

Top Bottom