• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Metal...body?

Stephen Workman

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In the new Shreveport video, did Frick (Elio Plant Mgr) say "...Metal body..." Anyone else catch this? It's @ the 2:13 mark of the video. If this is indeed the case, and Elio has switched to steel exterior panels, all I can say is...I'm THANKFUL I waited this long to buy in with my $. NO STEEL for this guy. If anyone disagrees with me about this, that's fine - your money, your call.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
In the new Shreveport video, did Frick (Elio Plant Mgr) say "...Metal body..." Anyone else catch this? It's @ the 2:13 mark of the video. If this is indeed the case, and Elio has switched to steel exterior panels, all I can say is...I'm THANKFUL I waited this long to buy in with my $. NO STEEL for this guy. If anyone disagrees with me about this, that's fine - your money, your call.
We've talked about this in a couple of other threads; like GPA said it's discussed over in that thread.
EM is evaluating options for cost, function, weight, etc. so it is just an evaluation at this point in time.

Stephen Workman

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We've talked about this in a couple of other threads; like GPA said it's discussed over in that thread.
EM is evaluating options for cost, function, weight, etc. so it is just an evaluation at this point in time.
Sorry, but it didn't sound like Frick was 'evaluating an option..." Elio needs to clarify this ASAP. This is a deal breaker for me and I'd be willing to bet many others as well. I PRAY I'M WRONG! I PRAY FRICK MIS-SPOKE. If any one of us gets the skinny on this, PLEASE post it.

Husker1

Elio Addict
Reaction score

I'm very confused by this post. quote "If this is indeed the case, and Elio has switched to steel exterior panels, all I can say is...I'm THANKFUL I waited this long to buy in with my $." To me that reads your happy they went to steel panels. Next quote "NO STEEL for this guy." Maybe I'm reading wrong, but to me that says you don't want steel. So which is it????

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Your request (89702) has been solved. To reopen this request, reply to this email.

59c32fde7fc?size=40&default=https%3A%2F%2Fassets.zendesk.com%2Fimages%2F2016%2Fdefault-avatar-80.png

The Elio Customer Experience Team (Elio Motors)

Jul 8, 17:22 EDT

The blog isn't out yet today, Coss, look for it in the next couple of hours.

Make sure to check out our blog at www.eliomotors.com/blog

Thank you,
The Elio Team

Coss

Jul 8, 12:55 EDT

I went into the blog and read the latest entry and it doesn’t confirm or deny anything in the article about the Elio going to a steel body.

Point blank, it addresses nothing in that article.

So you really haven’t even come close to answering my question.

Coss

59c32fde7fc?size=40&default=https%3A%2F%2Fassets.zendesk.com%2Fimages%2F2016%2Fdefault-avatar-80.png

The Elio Customer Experience Team (Elio Motors)

Jul 8, 08:06 EDT

Good Morning Gary,
Thanks for the email. We will share some insight today in the blog and moving forward over the next couple of weeks.

Make sure to check out our blog at www.eliomotors.com/blog

Thank you,
The Elio Team

Coss

Jul 5, 20:26 EDT

Just had this article posted on our website, and the people are going bonkers; what's going on?

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/tag/elio-motors/

------------------
Submitted from: https://www.eliomotors.com/

And get this; think I don't talk to them very often? They assigned me my own avatar/icon
That's not a picture I had.

Attachments

• 59c32fde7fc?size=40&default=https%3A%2F%2Fassets.zendesk.com%2Fimages%2F2016%2Fdefault-avatar-80.png
    434 bytes · Views: 160
    2.9 KB · Views: 161

acamara

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Your choice not get Elio if it is made of steel.

Wish you could eleborate on not liking steel.

Paul did Mention in today's webcast that they would be using sound reducing material to keep the cab quite. Went on to say that dince the wheels were extended that noise from the front wheels shoukd be minimal due to the fact that they were not under the vehicle body.

skygazer6033

Elio Addict
Reaction score
At the start of the assembly process it was described as a steel body (what I would call the steel unibody structure). Toward the end of assembly there are steps described as installation of the painted panels (I believe this to be what we would call the body). Until I hear different I assume they're talking about the SMC bodywork since this is precisely what EM has said they would do. I'm just glad to see Elio management people on the floor doing the early planning toward production.

Top Bottom