• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Military Service

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Marine Corps 1st Div. 7th Reg. Vietnam 1969 wounded 8-26-1969 Purple Heart.
Currently Capt. Honor Guard VFW Post 1079 Elyria,Ohio
Semper Fi, "Marine 7," and thanks for your service! We shared "basic" area in Vietnam. I was there in 1969 too; Navy Corpsman, with the 3rd Battalion, 26th Marines, 1st plt., Mike Co., 9th MAB. We were attached to the 1st Marine Div.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hey Kuda, you flew with HMM 262 in '69? HMM 164 flew us back and forth from the Valley Forge in '69. I was with 3/26. We're you with 2/26, maybe?

Was in HMM 363 @ New River Then joined HMM 262 in Vietnam; We were 10 Months in
Quang Tri & the rest in Phu Bai. then back to New River out in '71. I'd have to look back
over my stuff as to 2/26, could have been.

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Music Man, thanks for your service. I was in the infantry, 2/5 Cav, 1st Cav and opcon to 3rd MAF for the relief of Khe Son in 1968
And thanks for your service and support at Khe Son. The unit I was with was at Khe Son not long before I joined them. That was a hell hole for sure. Plenty of good Marines lost their. Lost a fellow corpsman there.

Marine 7

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Semper Fi, "Marine 7," and thanks for your service! We shared "basic" area in Vietnam. I was there in 1969 too; Navy Corpsman, with the 3rd Battalion, 26th Marines, 1st plt., Mike Co., 9th MAB. We were attached to the 1st Marine Div.
Thanks Music Man, you Corpsman's saved a lot of Marines in Vietnam including myself. Thank You and all of the Corpsman that put there lives on the line for us Marines. Semper Fi

Marine 7

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Semper Fi, "Marine 7," and thanks for your service! We shared "basic" area in Vietnam. I was there in 1969 too; Navy Corpsman, with the 3rd Battalion, 26th Marines, 1st plt., Mike Co., 9th MAB. We were attached to the 1st Marine Div.[/QUO
Thanks Music Man, you Corpsman's saved a lot of Marines in Vietnam including myself. Thank You and all of the Corpsman that put there lives on the line for us Marines. Semper Fi[/QUO

davekealey

Elio Fan
Reaction score
WOW! -- it's good to see so many veterans, a rapidly shrinking breed of folk!
My active duty was from July 1958 through January 1987 - 28 1/2 years. First 3 years, MP's and then I reenlisted for aviation maintenance school. During my first tour in RVN, I applied for flight school and went on to maintenance officer course, Chinook transistion and test pilot course. Very interesting career and many, many PCS's! Overseas: Korea, (2) Germany, (2) RVN -- 10 1/2 years total.
I retired in Honolulu and a divorce forced me to return to the mainland, settling in Reno. I drove the bus, in the city, for 11 years.
To me, there was nothing better than my military service. Even today...I am NOT a civilian --- I am retired military!

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
WOW! -- it's good to see so many veterans, a rapidly shrinking breed of folk!
My active duty was from July 1958 through January 1987 - 28 1/2 years. First 3 years, MP's and then I reenlisted for aviation maintenance school. During my first tour in RVN, I applied for flight school and went on to maintenance officer course, Chinook transistion and test pilot course. Very interesting career and many, many PCS's! Overseas: Korea, (2) Germany, (2) RVN -- 10 1/2 years total.
I retired in Honolulu and a divorce forced me to return to the mainland, settling in Reno. I drove the bus, in the city, for 11 years.
To me, there was nothing better than my military service. Even today...I am NOT a civilian --- I am retired military!
Amen and Hoorah

Top Bottom